Certificates late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificates late

I ordered two cetificates with an estimated despatch date of 5th September from the GRO. No sign of them.

I also ordered, over two weeks ago, a death certificate from Sheffield Register Office. I phone them on Friday - they said "in the next two weeks". :(

The question is, can I wait that long?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Think it could be the "Who Do You Think You Are" effect, Elizabeth.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Are the kids back at school in England yet? I know a couple of things got put back at the local council my mum works at because everyone tried booking time off for the last weeks of the kids holidays.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Sheffield asked me what surname I have ordered - I replied "Frost".

"Oh," she said, "We have a drawerful of those."

I was optimistically thinking that it would be quicker to go to the local office.

BTW, why did they give me a despatch date of 5th September when I only ordred on 1st September. They usually say a week. Now they can't meet the given despatch date. I would have been happier if they had said two days longer and it was on time!
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
          I ordered two cetificates with an estimated despatch date of 5th September from the GRO. No sign of them.
          My latest GRO order was to be despatched yesterday - in fact, it arrived yesterday.
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
          X