Pub Landlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub Landlords

I have just found out that my 4xG uncle was a Pub Landlord :Dand would just like to know which Pub it was. I seem to remember some months ago someone mentioned how to trace this sort 0f enquiry but I can't remember.

He was Robert Edmondson and according to the Bap. of one of his children in 1818 he was an 'In Keeper'. But it does not mention which of the two villages he lived in. The church is in East Marton in North Yorkshire, but there is also West Marton. Neither village is particularly big, even now. To the best of my knowledge there is only about 4 Pubs in the area. Is there away I might find out which if any was his.
    Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Hi
    You might find some info on this site.
    Maureen

???

Comment

Pipeman, I found a lot of my licensed victuallers when searching on-line newspapers, as when they were granted licences it was published there. It would depend the part of the country, of course.

A simple surname search threw up mine.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Try looking at trade directories for the area:

Historical Directories

The local Record Office may also be able to help.

Have you looked for him in the censuses?

Comment

Working...
        X