Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A BIG favour please........

Hiya,

I have the army pension records for John Judge b 1878, regiment number - 13931, South Lancashire Regiment.
    I have 7 pages, the 1st 3 are my John's but the next 4 belong to someone else .

Has there been a mistake somewhere or did i mix them up

I dont have access to Ancestry now, so if some kind person can have a look for me and maybe get them for me, i would be very grateful.

Thankyou ;)
    Jacky

where is his residence?

Comment

Ooops, it was Lancashire..........
      Jacky

Comment

hi i have just had a look and it says 8 pages, but i get the same as you. the first are one john judges and then the next page goes onto another john judge born 1883! its not you it must be a mix up! sorry

Comment

Glad it wasnt me Tessie..........:D

Thankyou for looking for me - much appreciated !!
          Jacky

Comment

Doesn't that need reporting to Ancestry for re-indexing?

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've looked at loads of WW1 service records at Kew and this happened a great deal - even records of entirely different names can be found mixed in with other mens records.
              The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
              Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by annswabey View Post
                I've looked at loads of WW1 service records at Kew and this happened a great deal - even records of entirely different names can be found mixed in with other mens records.
                I think this mis-indexing has a lot to do with the fact that Ancestry offer initials A to Z but have only uploaded surnames to H or thereabouts. If you look for a name that isn't there you get unexpected results.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                X