X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james conway

can someone find james conway?

this is all i know.

in 1891, on his daughter's marriage cert, he is called a butler, deceased.
    in 1881, his wife say's she is a widower.
    in 1871, his wife's occupation is butler's wife, and her position is wife in the household. he's not on the census with his family in 1871.

he died in between 1871 and 1881.
    i cant find a marriage for him, and his children were registered under ingle, his wife's maiden name, in 1868 and 1870.

can someone find a james conway, that was a butler in the 1871 census?

Have you got a place and year of birth (and name) for the wife?

Comment

Libby, if I remember rightly he is not with his "wife" on any census so we are looking for him without her.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

He could be in hosptial if he died about 1871. May be we need to find the marriage to make sure he actually existed.

Comment

But I think it's quite likely that he did exist but never actually married Sarah (or whatever her name was!)
          KiteRunner

Comment

Is this part 2 of another thread? I can't quite work out how to find a James Conway, butler without any more info.

I'll trawl if I can find his "wifes" name.

Comment

This is a link to the original thread, Libby:

http://www.familytreeforum.com/resea...ys-london.html
              KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks...

Comment

sorry about the previous thread, i wasn't trying to be dubious!! i will get the ingle births, but i need to prioritise as well.

i thought the irish naming system might help, but there isn't an ernest conway on the census, or a florence in the mother's probable family.

though there is a martha ingle 'visiting' in the 1891. this martha is a sister of the sarah ingle, possibly 'married' to james. it wouldn'tsurprise me if they were sisters- visitor in the census for my family, has turned out to be, parents, siblings, and nieces before. they are usually related. i havn't had a visitor who wasn't yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X