The Mysterious missing woman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mysterious missing woman

Elizabeth Thomas Barron where are you,she was born in 1862 in Mevagissey,Cornwall,daughter of Robert Thomas Barron,ive found her on 1871/81 Census,but after that she disapears.
    Elizabeth Barron married a Charles Thompson on 16/11/1890 at St Marks Church,Bow. Charles father was William Thompson,a Traveller.
    There marriage adress was 22,Monier Rd,Bow,and Charles was a Corn Dealer.
    Now the mystery thickens,1891,the only Charles Thompson i can find is a Clerk living in Tottenham,with a William as father a retired Draper,Charles is stated as single,no Elizabeth------------She is alive as her daughter was born 16/8/1891 in Tottenham,a Gladys Elizabeth Thompson.
    On the 1901 Census,little Gladys is staying with her Grandparents the Barrons in Mevagissey [age 9] and the Charles i think is her dad is in London ,Hackney an Insurance Clerk with his widowed mum Grace,and Charles is single still.
    Have i the correct Charles?---Elizabeth is no where to be seen.
    When Gladys marries to my Grandfather in 1918,Charles Thompson is deceased and stated as a Solicitor.
    I found one Death certificate for 1914,which is the Charles on the census,saying that he was an Insurance Manager.
    But cant find one death certificate for Elizabeth,nor can i find her on the 1891/1901 census.
    Christine from Hertfordshire,if your reading this,Elizabeths sister was a witness at hthe wedding in 1890,her name was Florence she married a Rowlerson who is related back to your Rackett part of the family.
    Any help in this story will of course be wonderfull,as the search is going into its 6th year now.
    So any budding detectives out there,ive got birth/death certificates you can see if it helps,Dave Hough.

Do you have the birth certificate of Gladys Elizabeth Thompson - if so what address is shown?
    Elaine

Comment

do you know who the blomfield clan are in the 1901 census with charles and grace? I take it Grace was the name of his mother and that he was born in islington? If they are then I would say that it is the charles your after. Di he get remarried that you know of?

Comment

Found the marriage address (Monier Road) on the 1891 census - but it says uninhabited - so not a lot of help!
        RG12; Piece: 318; Folio 30; Page 2
        Elaine

Comment

what was elizabeths mothers name?
          * I have answered my own question* Where did you find elizabeth in 1881?
          Last edited by tessie31082; 07-09-08, 19:32.

Comment

i presume you have looked on the site of mevagissey records?

Comment

Hi Dave,

Who was the other witness to the 1890 wedding?

Were the bride and groom's ages given?
              Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 07-09-08, 20:41.

Comment

The mysterious missing woman

Thanks for reply,the other witnesses were Florrie L Barron her sister,who later married the Rowlerson in my original message.& Susannah Gregg,who i did find living in the Monier rd area.Dave.

Comment

thankyou,yes,i have looked on the Mevagissey site,but nothing there,Dave

Comment

Hi,Elizabeth in 1881 was living in Mevagissey,Cormwall,unmarried,Dave

Comment

Hi,thanks for looking,yes,i also frustratingly saw that missing house,Dave

Comment

Clara Jane Blomfield was Charles Thompson sister,she married William John Blomfield in 1889---this is presuming that Charles is the right Charles,thanks for your help,Dave

Comment

Originally posted by tessie31082 View Post
                          do you know who the blomfield clan are in the 1901 census with charles and grace? I take it Grace was the name of his mother and that he was born in islington? If they are then I would say that it is the charles your after. Di he get remarried that you know of?
                          Not sure if Charles remarried,dont think so,but not even sure when Elizabeth died,Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                            Do you have the birth certificate of Gladys Elizabeth Thompson - if so what address is shown?
                            Hi,Gladys Elizabeth birth address was 29,Church Rd,Tottenham,and Charles was a Corn Chandler,date was 16/8/1891,but there not on the census,Dave.

Comment

so you don't know for sure if his mum was grace and that he had a sister called clara?

Comment

Elizabeth Barron

Only evidance i have is the census,the problem being,Charles Thompson is with either mum and dad,but stated as single in 1891,and wife El;izabeth not with him.
                                It looks pretty certain i have correct Charles,and father William,and mother Grace,etc,as therres no other census that fits the bill,Dave.

Comment

where did you find william as a traveller? was it on the marriage cert? if so then i think you have the wrong charles as in 1871 william thompson is a draper as in later census'. Does it say anything on the marriage cert of gladys about her mother like it says father is deceased?

Comment

missing lady

Hi it says Traveller on Elizabeths marriage for her father William,Dave

Comment

i have found 2 deaths for 'elizabeth barron'. one is registered for st austell hospital in 1942 age at death is 82 so that would make her born in 1860ish- 2 years out from her birth you have and the other for rock house, mevagissey in 1929 age 64 making her born in 1865ish- 3 years out. Could be that the ages were incorrect?

Comment

on the mc, charles father is traveller is his mum mentioned? does it have charles place of birth?

Comment

Working...
                                        X