Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Winward marriage..

Morning all

I'm trying to "marry off" Elizabeth Winward born 1829 Aspull Wigan Lancashire.

Ive found this marriage on Lancs BMD, Elizabeth to James Hayes, in 1851.
    Its a June q marriage and Ive found her on the 1851c still single living with her siblings.
    1851c, HO107; Piece: 2198; Folio: 384; Page: 45; 170 Work Houses Aspull.

Can anyone find her on the 1861c or later please?

]

Hmmmm.....I looked at a Betsy Heyes in 1861, but I'm sure her age is wrong (has been scribbled over) and I think her maiden name may have been Whiteside.

There are several deaths for Elizabeth Hayes in Wigan district up to 1861, and if you includes Heyes in the equation there are a lot more!!

I looked at 1851 for a groom for her and found one unmarried James Hayes living in Aspull (I think ke ended up being Betsy Whiteside's husband!) but again, if you try Heyes, then half the population seem to be included!

Comment

As she was living with her brothers in 1851 I've tried to find them in case she is still with them but found Eli died in 1848 and not found John yet. Are you sure that the marriage you found is the right one? cannot find them yet.
      Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 07-09-08, 10:19.
      GWEN

Comment

Hmmmmm.....am feeling less sure about Betsy being a Whiteside (can't find a marriage!), but I still don't think she is your Elizabeth.

Comment

All I know really is that both her parents died in 1844 and she seemed to take care of her siblings on the 51c.
          Eli married Elizabeth Ryder and died in 1904 but she isnt with them.
          I cant find John and I cant find Ann either

]

Comment

Ah John is with his brother Eli on the 1861c and married Ellen Wignall in 1866..

1861c, RG9/2770, The Gullet, Aspull Wigan. RG10/3882 with brother Eli and family.

Gwen, No Im not sure its the right marriage, just trying to prove or eliminate a marriage before I buy any more wrong certs lol..thanks for looking..

Merry I cant find a marriage either for a Whiteside..thanks for looking..
            Last edited by Northern Light; 07-09-08, 10:35.

]

Comment

sorry no results so far cannot find her or Ann
              GWEN

Comment

Thanks for trying Gwen, Ive looked for weeks on and off for Elizabeth and Ann ..:o

]

Comment

Well I'm afraid I have had no luck either.

Just spent hours like a dog with a bone and came up with a big fat zero!!

Sorry Light
                  With Experience comes Realisation

Comment

Thanks Shaz, Im sick of looking now..

Ill shelve it for a few months and see if anything turns up in the meantime..

Thanks everyone I do appreciate you spending your time looking

]

Comment

Working...
                    X