Another pair of eyes please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another pair of eyes please

Hello can you help please, I have the wedding lines of my Great Aunt May Honey nee Bailey .But we can't read what Arthur was, he was a soldier but where, and I know I am pushing a friendship but can you please find her ( May Honey )death it was before 1942, or so the Elders say
    Thanks again
    Sheila Marriage lines.jpg
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Hi Sheila,
    It appears that Arthur was in the Royal Engineers....It looks like the 29th. The only mention I can find of the 29th Unit is on this Wiki site.
    Royal Engineers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Will have a look to see if I can find May's death for you.

Comment

Thank you Lyn, its Father's Day in Oz so I will be missing for a few hours. As regarding May, other than her name and she was Grandpa William Bailey's younger sister I know nothing about her
      Thank you

Sheila

Comment

May Honey was born in Battersea in 1888, she married Arthur Albert Honey in 1915. She had twins in 1920 one died ,but I can't find Arthur's or May's death. The only other thing I know is that they both died around London

Sheila

Comment

So far no luck with May's death

I've gone through 1930 - 1946 and the nearest is a Mary A Honey in 1944 aged 63 who died in Surrey SW .... not exactly a match !!!!!

There's one May Honey ... Dec Q 1946 in S Albans, Herts ... aged 52 :(

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 08-09-08, 09:05.
          ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Sheila...i had visitors turn up yesterday & never got back to the computer until now.
            Like Rachel, I have done from 1930 but only until 1942 and with no joy. At least Rachel has confirmed that I didn't miss her.
            I had figured that May was born in 1888, but though she would have been the one born in Sep Qtr at Wandsworth (1d / 648)
            If i get a chance tomorrow, I will look at 1920-1929.

Comment

I've now gone back to 1920 and also did 1947 ... don't think I missed anyone

It would be worth checking from 1947 onwards in case the mentioned 1942 is actually 1952

Could she have remarried or gone back to using her maiden name ?

waving to Lyn
              Last edited by Rachel Scand; 08-09-08, 17:06.
              ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

~~~~~~~~ing to Rachel and Lyn Sorry for not answering before, I think you could be right about a remarriage, but I'm not sure I think that there is a thread about divorce on here I'll see if I can find it.
                I''ll see if I can find a death for Arthur A Honey on Freebmd

Sheila
                Last edited by Sheila from Down Under; 08-09-08, 23:12.

Comment

Working...
                X