Dates invited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dates invited

I've just had this photo from a relative and would value an opinion as to date

Bob b1876 Sam b1872 Mary b1878 Willie b1880 Jams b1874

Judging only from the birth years you gave, and the apparent ages of the people in the picture, I'd guess this was taken sometime around 1919, maybe as late as 1922. It's funny, I wouldn't have said that Sam looked like the eldest - which means you shouldn't put too much faith in my guesstimate! :D

HTH -

Tim
    "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Hi, Jill.

I would say it was taken in the late 1920s, but it is always difficult because people tended to look older in those days!

in 1930, James would have been 56, and he certainly doesn't look any younger.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

they are all wearing pocket watches and i remember my grandad had one in the 1940,s brenda xxx

Comment

I agree Tim that Sam doesn't look the oldest, I have a pic of him and his next brother James as children, he was a very puny child, the other bro James was much bigger.

Comment

I would say 1927ish.

Kathlyn

Comment

Working...
            X