Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1901 census help needed please!

Hi,

I am currently trying to trace my 3x Great Grandparents on the 1901 census but I cannot seem to find them.

Rebecca Lockton was born 1867 Grantham Lincolnshire, but on the 1891 census she gives her birth place as Sheffield Yorkshire.

Henry Murr Lockton was born 1865 Grantham Lincolnshire.

Rebecca and Henry had a daughter called Emma Lockton who was born June 1890 at Brightside Bierlow Sheffield.

On the 1891 census Rebecca and Emma are living with Rebecca's sister Emma Hubbard. Henry Lockton is living in Yorkshire and is listed as Harry Lockton.

Emma Lockton is still living with her aunt and uncle in lincolnshire on the 1901 census.

Rebecca Lockton died 1906 aged 41 in sculcoates.

Can anyone try to help me find Rebecca and henry/Harry on the 1901 census. please?

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Kelly.

Do you have the death cert from 1906? If so is there any clue with the name of the informant? Any idea for the occupation for Henry/Harry?

I had a look but there is nothing obvious.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Hiya Glen,

Unfortunately, I don't have Rebecca's death certificate yet. I will be getting that one in the next couple of weeks.

On Emma's birth cert it says that Henry's occupation is a Brick layers labourer.

I can't understand why I can't find them.

Emma Lockton married in 1910 and on the marriage cert it says her father is deceased, but I'm struggling finding his death record.

Kelly.

Comment

sorry, asked a silly Q
        Last edited by Jessbowbag; 06-09-08, 20:02. Reason: anwered my own query
        Jess

Comment

Hi Kelly

I wonder if they are badly mistranscribed, that's the usual reason for a missing couple or family. I tried looking for Rebecca with spouse Henry. There are a few who give Lincolnshire as pob, at roughly the right time but they are dotted around all over from London to Newcastle.

I wonder if Henry did a bunk or if he died around the same time as Rebecca, not sure why but i just get the feeling they are in different households in 1901 for some reason.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

I agree with Glen, especially as their child wasn't living with them in 1901. I wonder if Rebecca died in the workhouse?

Joanie

Comment

Found Harry in the 1891, listed as a glass works labourer, noted as a boarder, living in Mexborough;

Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3861; Folio 43; Page 27; GSU roll: 6098971.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Hiya,

I think they may be badly mistrancribed.

I've tried searching using just their fornames, but I can't see anything obvious.

Do you know if the 1901 census is complete on ancestry?

Comment

Hiya Glen,

I found Henry on the 1891 living with a Bucknell (?) family. I tried to see if he was still living with them on the 1901 but he isn't. :(

Comment

Nothing to do with your query really, but I was wondering if his middle name should have been Muir not Murr (was looking for a death which I didn't find!).....anyway, in the 1861 census the Locktons (Henry's parents) are living nextdoor to a Henry Murr. Erm.......so they named their son for the neighbour???!!! pmsl! Sorry, but that sounds a bit dodgy!

Just tell me to go away :o

Comment

Hi Merry,

Henry Murr or (Muir) was Charles wife's brother in law. Martha Lockton and Henry Murr's wife were sisters.

So Henry M Lockton was named after his uncle.
                      Last edited by Kelly; 06-09-08, 20:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
                        Hiya Glen,

I found Henry on the 1891 living with a Bucknell (?) family. I tried to see if he was still living with them on the 1901 but he isn't. :(
                        I have done the same thing just now :D

Don't you just love these folks who move around the country and have nondescript occupations!!

I reckon the death certificate for Rebecca might give some clues.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                          I have done the same thing just now :D

Don't you just love these folks who move around the country and have nondescript occupations!!

I reckon the death certificate for Rebecca might give some clues.
                          :D

I will have to see if I can get Rebecca's death cert sooner. I have spent my budget for cert's this month all ready!

Comment

Sorry I cant find them

]

Comment

Again not really connected to the original question but;

Seeing as Henry and Rebecca married in 1887, it seems a while to the birth of the daughter.

I wonder if the first born was a son who died just before the '91?

Harry LOCKTON Date 21 Sep 1890 Aged 15m, Rotherham Moorgate Cemetery.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

lol Kelly, so as long as Charles' wife wasn't being naughty with her brother in law?!! It's just that I noticed Martha was alone on the next couple of censuses............

All this is just to distract you from the fact that I can't see them in 1901 either!!

Comment

Hi Northern Light,

Thank you for looking it is truly appreciated.

Hi Glen,

I did wonder if Henry and Rebecca may have had another child or children.

Emma was born 17th June 1890 Brightside Bierlow.

I suppose Harry could be a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                                    lol Kelly, so as long as Charles' wife wasn't being naughty with her brother in law?!! It's just that I noticed Martha was alone on the next couple of censuses............

All this is just to distract you from the fact that I can't see them in 1901 either!!
                                    :D

I was just thinking the same thing and was just abouts to post that. So I wonder if Henry Murr was Henry M Lockton's father.

I think I will have to order Henry's birth cert along with Rebecca's death cert, to see if it show's anything intresting.

Comment

Hi Kelly,

I thought the same as Merry but didnt like to say :D

]

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Light View Post
                                        Hi Kelly,

I thought the same as Merry but didnt like to say :D
                                        :D It does seem strange that Martha isn't living with hubby.

Comment

Working...
                                        X