GRO references

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO references

Hi all! I am trying to order a certificate for the first time from GRO as the registration office for the area I want are asking for exact dates which I do not know and is why I am ordering the cert. also as I am now facing a brick wall!! However, it is asking if I know the reference. Is this the volume and page number on the image I have got?
    Thanks for helping
    Tessie

Yes. You'll also need the registration district and year and quarter.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks, I knew someone would know!

Comment

If you've got the right site for GRO direct ordering, and you have the reference, it should cost you no more than £7.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks christine it is £7, i know some sites are a con! I have looked at them before,, its good of you to warn me.
          Tessie

Comment

I hoped you'd know already - but it's definitely one of those things it's better to know twice than not at all!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X