Canada Death please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Death please

Please could someone look up the following death and tell me whether there are any further identifying details

Joseph Carrick c1836 Scotland Occupation Sawer.

If I'm reading the 1871 census result (Item Display - Federal Census of 1871 (Ontario Index) - Library and Archives Canada)
    correctly, he died in Hay, Huron, Ontario some time in the 12 months preceding 2nd April 1871.

Thank you.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Gillian, this J C seems to have been a farmer I can send the image if you pm your address. There doesn't seem to be one of the correct age as a Sawyer.

Joseph Carrick
    Death Date: 20 Feb 1870
    Death Location: Huron
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1838
    Birth Location: Scotland

This is all that shows on the census details no image available by the look of things.

Name: Joseph Carrick
    Estimated Birth Year: abt 1836
    Birth Place: Scotland

Residence District: Huron South
    Residence Location: Hay
    Religion: Canada Presbyterian / C. Presbyterian
    Division: 1
    Microfilm Roll: C-9928
    Page: D
    Head of Household Comment: The page number 'D' means that this individual did not appear in the regular census schedule, but instead was listed on the schedule that recorded deaths that had taken place within the last twelve months. When looking at the microfilm rolls, you will fin (that's where it ends)
    Last edited by Durham Lady; 06-09-08, 15:35.
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Thanks for looking Daphne.
      I downloaded the image of the Farmer Joseph Carrick death during Ancestry's 3-day Canada freebie last year but thank you for the offer.

The trouble is, many of my Carricks emigrated to the Hay area of Canada and, following the Scottish naming tradition, most of them had sons Joseph, all born within a few years of each other.:( They were involved in both farming and woodmills, so now I've no idea which family the dead Farmer Joseph belonged to and which one Sawyer Joseph came from - or whether they are the same man from different registers!!

But, at least Ancestry's explanation of Page D is clearer, so that will be useful. Thank you.
      Gillian
      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Working...
      X