Im sick of 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im sick of 2008

Thought Id reinstall and register to get the 2009 which I assume is being given to us poor souls who were driven mad by the 2008 version. But having spent about 2 hours trying to register it and getting told Im not connected to the net, then trawling all the FAQ on the problem. Downloading winzip so I could open a patch AND still it wont allow the patch to be installed. Im totally fed up with it.

You can borrow my flawless 2006 version if you are stuck The only Patch I have ever summoned is the dog next door
    John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

John I am still using my FTM2006v16 but as everyone is getting a freebie 2009 if they bought the duff FTM2008 I was attempting to register it to get the hopefully improved version.

UPDATE, Gawd knows how but the patch suddenly downloaded BUT before I got too excited when I try to register it says that I have more than one account associated with my email addy and to ring the ancestry number - open til 5 p.m. GMT. I rang it and got an australian telling me the office was closed :(

Is there another number to ring ancestry on for the UK
      Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 06-09-08, 14:42.

Comment

From the Ancestry website

......... 0800 404 9723 (free phone). Our available hours are Monday through Friday from 09:00 GMT to 19:00 GMT, and Saturday from 09:00 GMT to 17:00 GMT; we are closed on Sundays.
        Elaine

Comment

I use 2006
          After seeing all the problems from users of later versions, I will be keeping 2006

As the saying goes
          If it aint broke, don't fix it

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Trevor

I have 2006 and have just bought 2008, more to satisfy my curiosity really.

I have to say, I like bits of it but am putting any new info on 2006 and then uploading that info to 2008. I doubt I will be using 2008 full time.

Comment

I think no one should buy the 2008 - stick with the 2006 and wait to see what the 2009 is like. I should imagine they are smarting from the world wide condemnation of the 2008.

Thanks Elaine, but it looks like I shall have to wait til Monday now.

Comment

Working...
              X