No announcement yet.

TNA: Birmingham 1868 naturalisations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNA: Birmingham 1868 naturalisations...

I had a chance to go to TNA yesterday to look for various things for our trees and, in particular, to look at naturalisation papers for a promising candidate for my niece's tree. My hunch paid off - but I managed not to cheer aloud in Reading Room !! :D

The papers were part of a bundle, and this is the set of names - just in case anyone else recognises them as a potential part of their tree:

H01/152/5977 1868
    Granted # # Surname Given names age Birmingham trade immigrated DoB PoB mar? sons dtrs

22 Oct 1868 10616 5973 LYONS Nathan 35 156 Sherlock St jeweller 1852 6 Aug 1833 Kozno, Russn Poland M 3 2
    22 Oct 1868 10617 5974 COLEMAN Meyer 46 4 Lower Hurst St jeweller 1846 1 Mar 1822 Czenstechen, Russn Poland M 5 3
    22 Oct 1868 10618 5975 BROOKS Joseph 35 18 Pershore St picture dealer 1859 5 Jul 1833 Dobra, Poland M 1 1
    22 Oct 1868 10619 5976 COHEN Abraham 36 247 Bell Barn Rd general factor 1851 3 Feb 1832 Wrechen, Prussia M 2 2
    22 Oct 1868 10620 5977 MARKS Moses 34 199 Sherlock St shoe dealer 1853 4 Mar 1834 Himbach, Germany M 3 4
    22 Oct 1868 10621 5978 ZEPLER Louis 48 13 Severn St watch maker 1823 15 Sep 1820 Just?, Prussia M 4 1

I have images for the critical parts of all the docs. I have full detail only for Moses MARKS.

The copyright in the content of the images still rests with TNA, according to my understanding, but they appear to be content for them to be used for private non-commercial purposes.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Hi Christine,

I've just read some of your postings on the Marks family with great interest. My Great Great Grandmother was Sophie (Sarah) Marks. It was great to see that you'd posted a picture of her brother Albert. I've got a photograph of Sophie and I suspect I've also got one of her father Moses.

I'd love to swap stories and information and look forward to discovering more about this far flung family.

Sincerely,
    Brett Bryant.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett from Sydney View Post
      Hi Christine,

I've just read some of your postings on the Marks family with great interest. My Great Great Grandmother was Sophie (Sarah) Marks. It was great to see that you'd posted a picture of her brother Albert. I've got a photograph of Sophie and I suspect I've also got one of her father Moses.

I'd love to swap stories and information and look forward to discovering more about this far flung family.

Sincerely,
      Brett Bryant.
      I'd lilke to share, too - very much - but I must check with my niece, first. Will send a PM.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X