Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do anyone think that these can be the same person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do anyone think that these can be the same person?

I have Robert RUST buried 29 May 1802 in East Harling, Norfolk (from the FreeReg site) He was 67 making him born about 1735.

He married Sarah FEN 12 Oct 1763 in East Harling.

I'm looking for Robert's baptism. Found one on FreeReg 28 Dec 1735 in North Lopham, Norfolk, listed as Robertus.

North Lopham doesn't look to be that far from East Harling on a map, what does anyone else think. Could he be mine?

Sounds quite possible (that's as far as I would go!! lol)

You need to find a way to "prove" it is. Find out how many parishes in the immediate area are covered for that time frame. Also how common/uncommon his name is (I have been caught out with that dozens of times; thinking a name was uncommon when it wasn't). Are there ant siblings for the Robert who was baptised? Do any of them have unusual enough names to trace forward? Do you know what your Robert's occ was?

Looks like you would need to tie up Rust entries from this area to see who fits with who etc etc

Comment

Check for a childhood burial for the Robert who was baptised, as well!

Comment

I'll have a good hunt around and see if I can find more Rust's in the area.

Some of the men in later generations married girls from North Lopham, that's why it jumped out at me.

The name Rust doesn't appear to be that common. All the ones in East Harling I have tied in to the same family.

I won't claim him yet until I have done some more digging.

Thanks Merry

Comment

Working...
        X