New features for Irish Genealogical Online Record Sustem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New features for Irish Genealogical Online Record Sustem

For those that are interested in this pay per view site the following additions have been added to access the records more successfully. I have to say I have not tried the ideas out as yet, but it may help someone!

"New features added to the Irish Genealogical Online Record Search System"

"In our continued effort to improve our Online Record Search the IFHF is pleased to announce the addition of some important new features:

- The facility to narrow the search by entering the first name and surname of the father of the birth/baptismal record that you are searching for, which will reduce the number of records returned in any search.

- When on the individual county sites, you also have the ability to narrow your search by Parish. The list of available Parishes now also shows the denomination of the Parish. For a list of the Denominations please see the FAQ.

- The removal of many duplicate records from the system that were caused by human error in transcribing the records, by records being recorded in more than one register or by the integration of computer systems.

- All records are now clearly marked to indicate whether they are church or civil records.

- All the counties’ birth, baptismal death and marriage records online, including those of Co. Meath, as well as all available census records, are now available on the all-Ireland Central Search Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation.

We are working to make more records available and to add further counties to the online service. When this becomes available, we will notify you by email if you are on the distribution lists."

These additions are at least an improvement on paper, as they were all the points that I was grumbling about the site in the past!

Janet
    Last edited by Janet; 06-09-08, 09:40.

Have just tried the site with "improvements" but still got 10 Michael Neills and variants to choose from!!

Janet

Comment

dont help me yet, they don't have co clare

Comment

Many thanks Janet.

Eventually they will get round to Co Derry - I hope.

Hugo

Comment

Working...
        X