New additions to FindmyPast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New additions to FindmyPast

Just had an email to say that 2.4 million parish records have been added - I would imagine that a lot of these are ones transferred from FamilyhistoryOnline
    - BUT - they have obviously teamed up with Docklands Ancestors as well ...

Among the newly added records are nearly 346,000 baptisms for London’s dockland areas, covering much of East London (Whitechapel, Stepney, Limehouse, Shadwell etc.) through to Bermondsey.
    These records were compiled by various researchers and are made available in association with Docklands Ancestors.

What a nice surprise. Goes off hunting!
    Elaine

Sorry Mary, brain not working - what is FMP please?
    Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

It's Find My Past, and her name is Elaine, not Mary!!!
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

LOL told you my brain is not working:D its got soggy from all the rain

thanks
        Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

Sorry Jean, wasn´t thinking. Have amended the thread title to make it clear.

For anyone with Docklands ancestors this really is a great resource.
          Elaine

Comment

On the burial records on findmypast do they tell you where the person is buried?

Comment

If they are extracted from the NBI (National Burial Index) they will normally show the following information:
              First name(s):
              Last name:
              Date of burial:
              Age at death:
              Calculated year of birth:
              Place of burial:
              Dedication:
              County:
              Denomination:
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine

Comment

Shame there aren't any PRs for the counties I want.
                  Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

OOh, great! Thanks Elaine.

It has all the Blackshaw baptisms I got from the LMA, and it also has my complete Cook family, seven siblings for OH's ancestor! It also shows how OH's great-great-grandfather became a coach maker - his father-in-law was!
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:
                    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

A word of warning.
                      If you are searching through the Docklands Ancestors parish records, they all appear to be listed as being in the county of London - not Middlesex/Surrey/Essex.
                      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                        For anyone with Docklands ancestors this really is a great resource.
                        No it's not. My 2 greats grandfather is there but not his brothers or sisters. :(
                        Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                          - BUT - they have obviously teamed up with Docklands Ancestors as well ...

Among the newly added records are nearly 346,000 baptisms for London’s dockland areas, covering much of East London (Whitechapel, Stepney, Limehouse, Shadwell etc.) through to Bermondsey.
                          These records were compiled by various researchers and are made available in association with Docklands Ancestors.

What a nice surprise. Goes off hunting!

Elaine have you actually managed to search in the Docklands areas as such. OH tried last night and he said there was no actual link to the Docklands itself - he sent an email to the link to contact for this and it came back that the person involved in this research was in hospital with a heart attack. Do you know if there is a specific area for the Docklands on the site or is it just altogether with the general baptisms? (I don't have any in that area so haven't had a fiddle with it). I must admit when I read the email it seemed to indicate there was a separate area!
                          Marion
                          There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Cross post! Thanks Elaine - will tell OH not to look for specific Docklands!
                            There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

You search for them using the general baptism search box. It is only when the results come up that you will see it has been taken from the Docklands Ancestor database.

The problem is that a lot of the Docklands stuff is actually Middlesex - but if you put Middlesex in the search box they will not show up as they have been categorised as London.
                              Elaine

Comment

Working...
                              X