Could these be the same woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could these be the same woman?

Some of you will remember the problem I had identifying the woman and children in the second picture, anyway I was recently given a picture of my GGG grandmother Jane and was wondering if you think she could be the young woman in the second picture

Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

i would say yes as her hair drops in the middle on both pics,and deep set eye,s brenda xxx

Comment

I would date the second photo in the mid 1890's, mainly because of the leg-o-mutton sleeves on the lady's dress.

Also whilst the photographer, William Edward Wright (b abt 1852 Poplar), is living in Forest Gate in 1891, he isn't at Woodgrange Road, but he is at the correct address by 1901.

It's not easy for me to determine the difference in the age of the lady in the first photo to the lady in the second photo. (I am not sure of the date of the smaller picture, but I wouldn't have thought it was taken as late as it would need to have been in order to fit date-wise with the other photo) I am not convinced it's the same woman. The older lady has a shorter distance between her lips and chin and also a wider mouth than the younger lady. I don't mean to appear rude , but the older lady looks rather meak in her expression, whereas the younger woman looks a very determined sort of person - there's something about her face that suggests a quite intelligent, feisty personality, whilst the older lady looks sort of more resigned!!

Another thing......the younger lady doesn't have any earlobes ......her ears run straight down to the side of her face. Maybe you could have a look with a magnifying glass, but the older lady seems to have a distinct earlobe showing on the right of the picture.

I should think there's a strong chance these woman are related.

BTW, those children are adorable!!

Comment

I think it's possible. The older lady will have lost some tone in her face and the jawline will have sagged. Plus if she has lost some teeth then her cheeks will have sunk a bit.

Comment

I don't think it's the same woman, the chin is different, the eyebrows are higher in the older woman (whereas they tend to sag with age), and the nose in the older woman is much broader than the younger one.

Joanie

Comment

My first thought is no.
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Oh fiddle sticks, I was really hoping it was her.

Oh well back to the drawing board. :(

Thanks everyone for your replies
              Vikki -

Comment

I don't think it's the same woman just by looking at the shape at the top of her ear, and the nose isn't the same.

Comment

nose and ears change with age brenda xxxx

Comment

I'm not convinced that people develop earlobes if they didn't have any in the first place??? (thought my daughter would be pleased if that were correct!)

Comment

I think No, older lady's nose too broad and eyebrows higher. Lara
                      Lara

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments.
                        Vikki -

Comment

Working...
                        X