Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 4th September 2008 is.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner of WDWTYA? 4th September 2008 is.......

.....AND, this is our 100th week of WDWTYA? so she's a very special winner!!!!!

dopeyploppy!!

Hooray!! Well done

Thankyou all
    Will post my problem very shortly
    Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

Ok here goes

Trying to find birth and parents of my Avatar Annie Pugh

Annie Pugh b c 1858 Kidderminster or Arley (depending on census)

Annie married Edward John Weaver dec 1881 father named as Thomas Pugh am ok coming forwards and Weavers ok all sorted

1901 rg 13/2768 living Hemming Street, Kidderminster with hubby and kids age 42 b Arley
      1891 rg 12/2316 living Spencer Street, Kidderminster with hubby and kids age 32 b Upper Arley
      1881 rg 11/2905 living Shatter ford (Upper Arley) with Thomas and Hannah Pugh age 23 b Kidderminster listed as daughter
      1871 rg 10/3038 living Shatter ford (Upper Arley) with Thomas and Hannah Pugh age 13 b Kidderminster listed as Daughter

1861 reg 9 2080 living Eymore Folly with
      Thomas and Hannah
      Anne age 3 b Kidderminster listed as Grand daughter

Now possibly mothers Hannah (too old)
      Eliza
      Ellen most likely
      Elizabeth

Now on 1851 census

Ellen is 13 (not found on 1861 or 1871 )
      But is on 1881 with daughter Rhoda Pugh whose birth we found after many month was registered as
      Rhoda Jane Fox born 10 nov 1876 registered 1 Jan 1877 (note length of time between dates) parents John Fox and Ellen Fox formerly Pugh
      no marriage found and Ellen is never with John and is u/m on census.
      Rhoda marriage father is down as Thomas Pugh (deceased)

Annie and Rhoda were very close according to an elderly relative, he thought they were sisters or closely related.

So if Ellen is the mother then Annie could be under ANY name

Please help
      Thankyou
      Jayne

Comment

Congratulations Jayne ;;;wow 100Th winner that a achievement on its own,,, go get those walls down
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Hi Jayne,

Congrats on winning week 100!!

Erm.....unfortunately I've drunk too much wine to take all that in this evening! lol

I expect someone else will pop in soon, or otherwise I will have another read later on tomorrow...........

*fingers crossed someone comes up trumps for you*

Comment

No rush waited ages to find this
            Am off to work in half an hour so will not be back on till tommorrow early evening.

There is also another sister to Ellen and others
            on 1841 census
            Mary 8 chr 3 mar 1833 Alveley
            she is on 1871 Rg 10/3036 with Perrin family AND Hubert age 15 (who happens to be on 1861 with my Annie. His birth has not been found either - he is not Hubert Alfred b sep 1855

Happy hunting
            Jayne

Comment

Can't see a likely Annie Fox or Pugh in 1857-8 birth regs, but of course she may not have been registered, or may have been registered under another surname as you say. I haven't managed to work out what district Arley was in yet, though, so maybe that will help... or probably not...
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh wait, is Arley the same as Upper Arley? In which case, that was in Kidderminster registration district anyway.
                KiteRunner

Comment

dopeyploppy....congratulations hope your walls come tumbling down brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by dopeyploppy View Post
                    Rhoda Jane Fox born 10 nov 1876 registered 1 Jan 1877 (note length of time between dates) parents John Fox and Ellen Fox formerly Pugh
                    no marriage found and Ellen is never with John and is u/m on census.
                    Rhoda marriage father is down as Thomas Pugh (deceased)

What was John Fox's occupation on Rhoda's birth certificate, please?
                    KiteRunner

Comment

Right i am here now had other things to do ie shopping

John Fox on Rhoda's birth cert was

Agricultural Labourer - lot of help that will be

address given is Crop Street, Tenbury

We have written doc. that Annie was friendly with Margarets step son
                      John Henry Cox. In 1871 Annie gave John a book called
                      "The Temperance reciter and band of hope reciter and teetotallers handbook
                      Now Annie was not a 'teetotaller' she and her family liked a drink but John continued through his life to abstain from drink.

John married in Mar 1877 (his wife to be was pregnant), he then emigrated to Ansonia, Connecticut in 1881. His wife and family followed.

My theory is that it is John Cox and Annie that were Rhoda's parents and Ellen took on Rhoda as hers and registered her as such.

Rhoda was in touch with Annie quite regularly (she lived in Otley, Annie in Kidderminster)

photos of Ellen and Rhoda
                      Attached Files
                      Jayne

Comment

That's confused me even more! I thought Rhoda was supposed to be Annie's sister! Anyway, I've spent ages looking for Ellen on the 1861 and 1871 censuses and found nothing, sorry. But just thought I would mention that Hubert and Herbert often get confused with each other, though I expect you know that already! Couldn't see a Herbert birth though.
                        KiteRunner

Comment

here's the only ann* pu* births in the 1850's for kidderminster

Births Dec 1850

Pugh ,Ann Elizabeth Kidderminster 18 389

Births Mar 1854

Pugh, Ann Kidderminster 6c 258

Births Jun 1858
                          Purks, Ann Kidderminster 6c 247

Comment

i would go for ann purks, and get the cert, see what it says?

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                              i would go for ann purks, and get the cert, see what it says?
                              Not sure about that!
                              There is an Ann Perkes on the 1861 census, born c1858 Kidderminster - cannot see a matching entry on BMD for her, so maybe she was registered as Purks.
                              Elaine

Comment

Thankyou all for helping at this

According to one census entry and the birth cert Ellen is Rhodas mother.
                                But
                                I can not find any connection to Tenbury (why go there unless conceeling something) as no other family member are ever found there
                                John Fox may not exsist.
                                The Fox Inn was the name of a public house in Tenbury

The photos we have of Ellen, Rhoda, Annie and all her children were taken at the same photography studio around the same time.

As for Herbert/Hubert is is as elusive as Annie.
                                Jayne

Comment

have you thougt she may not have been born in kiddeminster? mayb she was registered elsewhere.

Comment

Would not have thought but could be a possibility.
                                    Looking for an Annie surname could be anything is quite a task.

Will have to spread the field a bit
                                    Jayne

Comment

Congrats, I hope you get all the answers you want.

kathlyn

Comment

I would like to thank everyone who has helped with this.
                                        Although we still have not found her birth, I will have to keep looking,
                                        both further afield and other names
                                        Jayne

Comment

Working...
                                        X