No announcement yet.

Nooooooo!! I won't let it be true.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nooooooo!! I won't let it be true.....

Marriages Dec 1924

Gloster Beatrice E Holden Rugby 6d 1543
    Holden James A Gloster Rugby 6d 1543

*breathe, breathe*

*wanders off to find other suitable Beatrice Gloster*
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Oh Dear!!!!!!:D:D
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Aaaah!

:D

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Won't that make it easier to find rellies

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Well, yes. Much easier.

But I'm not sure I want people who keep the heads of the long passed rellies stashed in the back of the larder

I'm not totally sure she's mine anyway - I have to work her back and then forwards to see the link

I'm currently stuck on some WWI pension records for a George Henry Gloster who is almost certainly related (he's a cab driver from Camberwell and I have a whole chunk of Glosters that had cabs around Camberwll, Brixton and Waterloo), yet I can't find his birth or spot him on any census.
            Zoe in London

Comment

Originally posted by samesizedfeet View Post

I'm currently stuck on some WWI pension records for a George Henry Gloster who is almost certainly related (he's a cab driver from Camberwell and I have a whole chunk of Glosters that had cabs around Camberwll, Brixton and Waterloo), yet I can't find his birth or spot him on any census.
              Do the records give you an approximate (alleged) DoB?

I use the word "alleged" because I have some twins (b 30 Aug 1874) on a sideline of my tree who would have had the RN believe that they were b 3 May 1874 and 30 Aug 1879. Their little sister was b 5 May 1879 - so they seem to have raided her birthdate to make up their variants!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

...CAB DRIVER????

Pass the sal volatile please, footman.

OC

Comment

calm yourself, calm yourself

All the Glosters who stayed out of London were in Gold and Silver
                  Zoe in London

Comment

Originally posted by samesizedfeet View Post
                    calm yourself, calm yourself

All the Glosters who stayed out of London were in Gold and Silver
                    That'll be a relief for the old dear, erm her Ladyship, erm erm erm

*cab driver, hehehehe*
                    Rose

Comment

Ah, gold and silver, that's a bit more like it.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie Knees View Post
                        That'll be a relief for the old dear, erm her Ladyship, erm erm erm

*cab driver, hehehehe*
                        pmsl.

OC did your lot keep records of the help? I think I had some less fortunate living in Cornwall.
                        Kit

Comment

Like a few of mine, Kit........
                          surname...Lab,
                          christian name....Ag.

Comment

Libby, we're related. :D:D

Although I just looked at one family on the 1841 and they were so poor they were only called Lab, couldn't afford first names.
                            Kit

Comment

Working...
                            X