Moving Here website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Here website

I've just been listening to a National Archives podcast on researching Irish ancestors, and this website was recommended.

Moving Here - 200 years of Migration to England

It has four sections :

Caribbean
    Jewish
    Irish
    South Asian

It isn't strictly speaking a genealogical website, but very interesting nevertheless.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Hi Elizabeth,

I found two relations on there coming over from India in the 1950s, after a lot of searching and enquiries, i made contact with them, we are in regular contact by letter now.
    I am hoping to arrange a "meet" in the coming months :D
    Jacky

Comment

Thanks for alerting us to this. I was aware of the site, but hadn't clocked that there would be images of the Jews' Free School Admission and Discharge register. That may prove to have some material for my niece's tree.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Elizabeth, thanks for the info.

I have a feeling it will be useful in my Liverpool - Irish search.

Hugo

Comment

Working...
        X