Channel Islands BMD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel Islands BMD

On the 1851 census I have Mary Wood born 1846 living in Lyme Reis with her grandmother but born in Guernsey..I want to find who were her parents or mother.
    I looked and Ancestry does have a Channel Island BMD sestion...but clicking on it does not provide any information...
    Does anyone know how to get at the BMD for Guernsey on Ancestry or is it not there?

Not sure about the BMDs, Colin, but have you found Mary in 1841? That might give her parents names.

Comment

Sorry.....brain is not in gear. I was thinking birth 1836.

Comment

Her grandmother was born in Lyme Regis, Dorset c1800.

She would be the daughter of one of Mary's children. Have you tried finding the children?
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

You have to contact them directly. There is no online records.

Try this for Guernsey:
          Guernsey Archives Service

Alderney:
          Alderney Ancestry

If these links don't give the info try all the links from that page. I know I found the info somewhere from these pages but haven't followed up so I can't tell you exactly what to do.
          Kit

Comment

I do have the details of her children.. but I can not find which one went to Guernsey, it was possibly a daughter.
            Mary did not return to Guernsey and married locally in Lyme Regis
            I was at first confused and hoped the BMD would give me more info but what I really wanted was Baptisms...but I have since checked on IGI and she is not shown

Comment

I say that it was probably a daughter as when she married she left blank the place she would put her fathers name

Comment

Working...
              X