Internet Explorer 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 7

Only over the last few weeks I am getting a message Internet Explorer has stopped working. With the options Do I wish to close the program Or do I wish the problem to be repaired. If I run repair the program it still closes down.
    This will happen when I am typing an email via Windows Mail or even Google Mail. Just a few minutes ago I was watching BBC Iplayer.

Any ideas please? This problem has only happened since Virgin upgraded their site. I know I can download an alternative but would like to repair this one first.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

It's probably something to do with some Add-on which you have - you may not even know it's there!
    Does it ask you to send an error report? If so, after you do that, does it tell you what caused the problem?
    Tracy

Comment

Tracy,
      I get two options and I think the first says:
      Internet Explorer has stopped working do you want to close down now (Words to that effect).
      The other option which I use says:
      Do you want to repair IE which I always use and it just closes down.
      The only known add on that I have is Avery Label Maker. On my old PC that used to cause me alot of problems but understand that this version for Vista has been sorted.
      Cheers,
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
      X