Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very long shot - to all Oz researchers

Hi

Is there anywhere that i can get a copy of a newspaper? Its not old, from Feb 2008 but i cant seem to find anywhere that i can get a copy from. I dont want a full newspaper, just a copy of a page and i thought that the national library of australia would be able to provide copies but it doesnt look as though they do research.

if anyone has any ideas that would be great. BTW its the Adelaide Advertiser
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Hi Robyne

Looks like the Adelaide Advertiser archive is available here -

Newstext : login

It offers a free sample search.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thanks Gillian. Unfortunatly they only seem to have actual articles rather than death notices
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

I've just had a look at the NLA's beta online newspaper site, but, unfortunately it doesn't seem to have the Advertiser.

NLA Australian Newspapers beta
        Gillian

Comment

it seems to be the one paper that doesnt hold its archives online! it has its own online website but only archives for a few days. I might see if i can contact the editor and see what they say
          Robyne

Comment

I've only recently dipped a toe into Australian waters for the first time, but I've been very impressed so far with the number of online records available.

Hope the paper can help you.
            Gillian

Comment

thanks for your help Gillian
              Robyne

Comment

Have you got the death notice from the Ryerson index? I shouldn't think there'll be anything else.

Comment

Hi Mary

yes i have, i was hoping there might be more information in the newspaper
                  Robyne

Comment

Robyne, if it's a transcript rather than an image of the actual page...and you can PM me with the actual date and what details you have, I can post an enquiry....there are some South Australian members on a group I belong to who might be able to help. Can't hurt to try ,anyway.

If you give me your email addie, I can request that responses, if any, go directly to you, which would be better as I'm going away very shortly.

Beverley

Comment

Have PMd you Bev, thanks very much
                      Robyne

Comment

Thought I would post the message here so that other researchers are aware of what is available - have also sent a pm to Lensgirl.
                        We received the following email from the National Library of Australia in our FTF email account this morning, which goes to show that postings on FTF do not go unnoticed.

We noticed the posting @ http://www.familytreeforum.com/resea...searchers.html.

"Lensgirl" may be interested to know that the National Library of Australia does offer copying services. The Adelaide Advertiser is widely held in Australian libraries (see Libraries Australia - Advertiser (Adelaide, S. Aust.).) and copies may be ordered through our Copies Direct service which is linked behind the 'Get this item' tab in the catalogue record cited above. The Advertiser is also available on electronic subscription via INFORMIT.

The National Library's reference services are advertised at National Library of Australia | Ask a librarian.

Regards,
                        Erica
                        Elaine

Comment

Wow! That's amazing

Comment

that is amazing, thank you so much
                            Robyne

Comment

Goodness, what an excellent service.

Comment

Ive requested the copies and hopefully they can email the scans to me. Bev also arranged for someone to get a transcript for me as well, you've all been such a brilliant help
                                Robyne

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                  Thought I would post the message here so that other researchers are aware of what is available - have also sent a pm to Lensgirl.
                                  We received the following email from the National Library of Australia in our FTF email account this morning, which goes to show that postings on FTF do not go unnoticed.
                                  What excellent service - well done the NLA!

And it's great to know how widely knowledge of FTF is spreading!
                                  Gillian

Comment

Working...
                                  X