emails to yahoo not received???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emails to yahoo not received???

I have a yahoo account What I dont understand is I am getting some emails through okay on my pc but not on the laptop ????
    A friend kept saying he had replied on emails I had sent him but they kept coming back , so I tried sending him one from the laptop and that worked okay ???
    I have just checked and some emails which I have received on my pc are not on my yahoo account on the laptop ???????????
    How odd , any ideas thanks

Are you using Yahoo online email or are you downloading the emails
    to an Email program ?

Clare

Comment

hi I am using the online mail

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        I have a yahoo account What I dont understand is I am getting some emails through okay on my pc but not on the laptop ????
        A friend kept saying he had replied on emails I had sent him but they kept coming back , so I tried sending him one from the laptop and that worked okay ???
        I have just checked and some emails which I have received on my pc are not on my yahoo account on the laptop ???????????
        How odd , any ideas thanks
        Hi Val,

I think you'll find this is normal as it depends on which machine you open the emails on, if that makes sense. Are you opening the emails on your home pc and then expecting to find them when you use the laptop ?

I have a Talktalk addy and on my home pc (Windows XP) I open email with Outlook Express but on my lappie (Vista) I have to use the Talktalk account. You'd think any read emails would automatically show in the account, but they don't. If I open emails on my lappie and I want to keep them I forward them to myself and open them on the pc, wallah job done.

Other than the above is it possible that the settings on your pc need checking, don't think it should be bouncing the emails back. You can try sending an email to yourself from pc to lappie and vice versa to see if you have the problem.

Sorry I can't be more technical.

Comment

It may be possible to look at the security settings to see if they are set higher on your lappie than on yr desktop. Each computer may well 'remember' different settings?

Comment

Working...
          X