Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free access to 1900 US Census (for a time)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free access to 1900 US Census (for a time)

For those who may be interested I have just found out that A******y are offering free access to the 1900 US Federal Census for a short period (have no idea how long it will last). From what I can see you don't have to be a member either! You can’t view the originals but the transcriptions are there.
    Marion
    There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Marion - I am going to move this thread to the Research Qs & As section as I think more people will see it there.

Thanks for the info.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - wasn't quite sure which section to put it under - plumped for the wrong one!

Comment

I know it's not really a question or answer - but hopefully more people will see it here.
        We need all the help we can get with this hobby so free access to a database is always welcomed.
        Elaine

Comment

Marion - have just looked at the Ancestry.com page but cannot see any reference to it.
          Where did you see the offer?

UPDATE - ignore that - it is listed on the Ancestry.com site as having a free index.
          Elaine

Comment

Elaine,
            Under blogs.a******y.com, posted by Chris Lydiksen. If you go to the US section and check for names under the 1900 Census the details and copy of the transcription comes up but not the original.
            Marion

Comment

The USA 1900 census is available for free - including images - from the new familysearch website. Maybe that's why Ancestry are now offering it for free too!

FamilySearch Record Search

Comment

I looked on Ancestry and yes it is free but it will not let you look at the orginal image.
                GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by MarionH View Post
                  You can’t view the originals but the transcriptions are there.
                  Marion
                  Agreed!

Comment

Marion, you don't need to put * 's in on this site, we are allowed to name sites here. it's not like GR.
                    I have a world sub to Ancestry so if anyone needs an original I can help.
                    Last edited by Durham Lady; 03-09-08, 15:15.
                    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

I've just done a general search for a name on Ancestry (I have a UK subscription) and noticed that Australian electoral rolls are also appearing. Is this new or have I been asleep?
                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

The original images are defintely available on the Family Search website for the USA 1900 census. I've just been looking at some
                        Pauline
                        xx
                        OPC Lanlivery, Lanivet & Newquay
                        www.mumsiep.tribalpages.com

Comment

Think this site gives free access to 1930 US census

1930 Census :: FREE 1790-1930 Census Resources for Genealogy & Family History

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
                          X