Windows Live Messenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Live Messenger

My friend is using this program and a Hotmail address. She wants to just have say, a Google Home Page or MSN Home Page and become detached from Messenger as it appears to be causing a lot of problems. She still wishes to use Hotmail.
    Is this possible to either no longer subscribe to Messenger and just use Hotmail.
    I do not use either and know nothing about Messenger at all. Any advice please.

For myself and other users any comments on the New Google Browser?
    Will we be able to delete it if we do not like it?
    Thank you.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I have trouble with windows messenger too ,so now use the Yahoo one, much better.
    I have ticked the box to stop windows messenger opening when the pc is turned on , and still use the hotmail email account.
    As for the google browser not sure about that .

Comment

Hello Val, Nice to see you on the site again. Very useful information and I am just going to pass it on to her.
      Not many ‘Threads’ in the Computer Section these days. Is this because all (except myself) have become experts on managing their computers due to the most excellent advice that everyone gives us.

A sincere thank you to all who help us step by step it is so appreciated.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
        Is this possible to either no longer subscribe to Messenger and just use Hotmail.
        Your friend can uninstall Messenger and still use Hotmail as long as she doesn't delete her Hotmail account. she could even uninstall it, if she chooses.

I have not used a Google browser as it's just an add-on to IE anyway. You should be able to uninstall it though.
        Tracy

Comment

Tracy,
          Keeping you busy today it must be the weather. I have almost sorted my friends problem and have given her some one by one steps of how to uninstall Messenger or stop it being her default etc.
          My friend always gets an engineer in to sort her PC but this is getting expsenive and I have told her to have a go. The engineer loves Windows Messenger and tells her that she cannot do without it and then the bill comes!
          Margaret N

Comment

Working...
          X