Nova Scotia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nova Scotia

My mother-in-law dropped into conversation this evening that one of Grandad Needham's brothers went to go and live in Nova Scotia. Any ideas where I can search?
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

What sort of time scale Pippa. First thing would probably be to find him on passenger lists?
    Elaine

Comment

I am guessing that its one of Henry Needham's brothers. Henry's eldest sister Sarah was born in 1881.
      Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Don´t suppose you know which brother it might have been - Frank / Joseph / Thomas ...(presuming I have got the right family!)
        Elaine

Comment

Gosh you're good! I have no idea other than I think Thomas might have died in the war. I found a birth for a James Needham in Woolwich where the RA was stationed. Oooh I hate it when mil says these little things...

Comment

I can't see any Needhams in Nova Scotia on the 1911 census but there are some in nearby New Brunswick on Automated Genealogy or is that too early? Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to indicate place of birth - I imagine that info's on Ancestry though.

Nova Scotia vital records can be accessed here:
            Last edited by jenoco; 01-09-08, 21:50. Reason: add website
            Jenny

Comment

Can´t see anything at the moment Pippa. Will have another look tomorrow.
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks I nearly choked on my fish fingers as this has never been mentioned before:(

Comment

Originally posted by Pippa Doll View Post
                  Thanks I nearly choked on my fish fingers as this has never been mentioned before:(
                  hahahahahahahhaha!!!!!

good one pip.

Comment

Can't see anything on Ancestry.com that fits in with any of your Needham names.
                    Elaine

Comment

Thank you for looking I will attempt a Vulcan mind meld with the mil to extract every piece of info she knows with logic to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X