Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doeanyone have access to Australian records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doeanyone have access to Australian records?

Hi

I have had a really good contact from someone in Australia with reference to a half-brother of my nan who we believed existed but were never sure (and he is certainly not on my Ancestry tree so makes me believe this is a really good lead). This lead is from Australia and they say that he died in Oz, so id like to find a bit more information before she comes back to me. His name is Walter Blampied believed to have been born in the 1930's in Jersey. If anyone can take a look for me i would be most grateful

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Len, I looked at the Ryerson Index and this is what came up. 2 notices found.Surname Given Names Notice Type Date Type Age Other Details Publication Published
    BLAMPIED Walter Death notice 19FEB2008 Death 77 Adelaide Advertiser 23FEB2008
    BLAMPIED Walter Probate notice 15MAY2008 Publication late of Morphetville Adelaide Advertiser 15MAY2008

This is the web address

Ryerson Index
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Thank you so much that looks right. Im guessing he was adopted out, but im so excited to see what this person knows. The fact that she knows so much without me having published it gives me great hope, and such a shame that they never managed to find him before he died
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Blampied is quite an unusual name. There are very few at all in France itself.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Im not sure how common it is at all in Jersey, unfortunatly ive never been able to get over myself although im hoping next year to get over with my nan
          Robyne

Comment

Originally posted by geordiegirl View Post
            Len, I looked at the Ryerson Index and this is what came up. 2 notices found.Surname Given Names Notice Type Date Type Age Other Details Publication Published
            BLAMPIED Walter Death notice 19FEB2008 Death 77 Adelaide Advertiser 23FEB2008
            BLAMPIED Walter Probate notice 15MAY2008 Publication late of Morphetville Adelaide Advertiser 15MAY2008

This is the web address

Ryerson Index
            If you follow this one up, you should be able to get a transcription - or possibly even an image - of the newspaper notices. They prefer you not to ask for lots at once... there's a protocol page somewhere on the site.

The notice may give you some family names?

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks, seen this didnt realise i could get more information from it. I will def take another look and see if i can be sent a copy or a transcription
              Robyne

Comment

Originally posted by Lensgirl View Post
                Thanks, seen this didnt realise i could get more information from it. I will def take another look and see if i can be sent a copy or a transcription
                They have a proforma request window so that the system works efficiently. Some of the papers have dedicated volunteers, others get sent to the Ryerson Index list and are picked up by other volunteers.

There's also a BMD database run by one of the members there: Optus Member Website - beachg

Christine

Comment

Thanks so much, i have requested information
                  Robyne

Comment

Robyne google the newspaper. They may have the notice online. The SMH (Sydney Morning Herald) keeps theirs online for a while so it is worth a shot.
                    Kit

Comment

Working...
                    X