X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC, I expect you have seen this book on Google Books

Lots of Holden bits
    Notitia Cestriensis: Or Historical ... - Google Book Search
    To boldly go where no genealogist has gone before....

Yes, I have been laboriously copying it out by hand, because every time I try to copy and paste it, I only get two lines! Most irritating.

Thanks for the tip-off, though.

OC

Comment

OC - you can view it as a plain text version (which you should be able to copy and paste from) or download it as a pdf file.

Top of right hand column - DOWNLOAD /VIEW PLAIN TEXT
      Elaine

Comment

Oooh, Elaine, thankyou for that! I have dozens more to copy, so that will be a huge help.

OC

Comment

OC.....It's easy to download as Elaine has said. I've got it and The Antiquities of Furness, plus a few others. If you click the Download, then Save, you can add it to your Documents. Much easier to read that way.

It's those pesky little "snippet views" I hate. I always manage to get the line above or below the one I want.lol

Comment

Yes, nothing worse than a snippet that just has a sliver of yellow showing!

However, I discovered that Google Books sometimes shows a slightly different position for the same snippet you might find through plain old google - is this making sense? - and I managed to get the relevant text by looking at the two snippets.

Worst of all though, is the "no preview available" and it is always a key bit of info. I have a list as long as my arm of books to order from the library.

Another I found - and have given up on - was a copyright free whole book. Not a single line space or paragraph, just a whole book in one continuous block of text - and word finder doesn't work either!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
              Another I found - and have given up on - was a copyright free whole book. Not a single line space or paragraph, just a whole book in one continuous block of text - and word finder doesn't work either!
              Could you feed it into an OCR program that would convert it to a document format? Just guessing, as I've never done it.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X