This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will/probate lookups offered - finished

I'm going to London to look for wills/probate/administration tomorrow & will be able to do some lookups, either post them here or pm me, I just need to know
    Name, approx date of death,(must be after 1858 ) & where they died

I'll fit as many as I can in.

Jill, its very kind of you to offer.

What date do they go up to?

any trace of any of these?

Mary Taylor (a widow), died Dec Q 1942, Leigh, Lancs. NOK could very well be Jane Briggs, or anyone with surnames Hunt or Gaskell.
    Jane Briggs, died Dec Q 1970, Leigh, Lancs. NOK may be T Sale.
    William Bunting, died August 1997, Blackpool. No known NOK.

many thanks

Vicky
    Last edited by Vicky the Viking; 01-09-08, 14:29. Reason: added detail.
    Vicky

Comment

Wills etc.

I would be grateful to know if there is anything for Edith Howard, died 17 Sept 1952, Wandsworth district.

Kind offer, thanks.

Ice

Comment

Oh, great, I was hoping that somebody would offer

These are the ones I'm interested in, listed in order of importance, so if you get too many requests, then just the first one or two on the list would be fine.

Constance Alice North: died Leicester 16/11/1964, aged 74, last address 247 (241?) Saffron Lane, Leicester, next of kin: sisters Elizabeth Sharpe, Florence Pool, Elsie Buffey and Mabel North.

Elizabeth Sharpe: died Leicester, 4th quarter 1967, aged 87, last known address 6 Beal St., Leicester, next of kin: either husband Fred Sharpe (date of death unknown) or sons Fred and Will Sharpe.

Elsie Buffey: died Leicester, 4th quarter 1974, aged 86, address unknown, next of kin: daughter Joan Hill, Markfield.

Elizabeth Ellen Mallet(t), spinster, retired boarding house keeper, died Lichfield, 9th April 1944, aged 82, last address 9 Sandford St., Lichfield : next of kin: nieces Mabel Wright, Elizabeth Sharpe, Florence Pool, Elsie Buffey, Constance Alice North and Mabel Rhodes.

Elizabeth Ellen Badham, died Aston, Warwickhire, 1903; nok: nieces and nephew Sarah Cooper, Thomas Mallet and Caroline North; living with nephew Thomas Mallet at Freeford, Lichfield in 1901)

Lilla Annis: died Brentford, Essex, 3rd quarter 1935, retired schoolmistress, age 63, next of kin: widower Horace Charles Annis.
        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 01-09-08, 14:01.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Jill. I'd appreciate it if you could look for William Alfred Levy, died 1924 Battersea & his widow Emma Levy, who died 1934 also, I believe in Battersea.

Many thanks
          Lynn

Comment

Jill - thank you for your kind offer.

You have a long list of requests already so I don't expect you will get to this one. But just in case -

John Pillinger
            Died 21/01/1868 Oxford
            Usual address 2 Park Street, Oxford, but I don't know if he died at home.
            Gillian
            User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

One more if you've time!

James Perkins October 13th 1863 age 86
              Usual address Efford Cottage, Breakwater Rd, Bude, Cornwall

Next of kin daughters Sarah and Jane Perkins, various grandchildren named Green

Thanks

Comment

All noted, plus the one by pm, I reckon I can do another half dozen...

Comment

Oh yes please Jill!!

George Gillett
                  Died 18 Sept 1959 in Sheffield aged 86. At 54 Shirehall Road, Sheffield. Informant (Mrs)J. Jones Daughter. His Occupation: Cutlery manufacturer (Retd)

I know he left a will, because my father (George's son) was left a bequest.....but don't know details as I was very young and was told of this much later in life.

That would be so kind - thank you
                  Last edited by Dubonnet lady; 01-09-08, 16:02.
                  Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

You seem to have a lot to do already ... but if you can fit in mine, I would be very grateful.

Ellen L. GILPIN widow of Edward Gilpin. d. 26 Nov 1940 Wolborough, Newton Abbot, Devon.

Thank you
                    Bridget

Comment

Hi Jill,

many thanks for offering this again. If I'm not too low on the list I'd be grateful for:

John Starmer, died Apr or May 1891, Lincolnshire (probably in Candlesby)

Hope you find what you're after too!
                      Kind regards,
                      William
                      Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Comment

Hi

i would be very grateful if you could look up my gg grandfathers will. Alfred Reed died 9th June 1945 in York, and is believed to have left everything to his housemaid!
                        Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Wulliam - are those Starmers related to the Rugby commentator?
                          Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

Comment

Hi Jill

I'd be very grateful if you could check

Mary Jane Boughton died 1/10/1943 Bishop Auckland, Co. Durham
                            Ada Adams died 22/7/1961 Bishop Auckland, Co. Durham
                            Mary Petch died 11/12/1964 Ferryhill, Co. Durham

Thanks in advance

Jay
                            Jay

Comment

I think thats aboout as many as I can manage on this trip,so the list is closed now. (I'll be going again before the end of the year so will offer more lookups next time)

Comment

I have had a succesful day for some of you, managed all the lookups asked for & will pm everbody gradually.

There was a monsoon on my way to the station - I had to wring my trousers out in the Ladies and hold them under the dryer At the wills place security made me leave my camera (but not my phone, which has a camera) and the dinky penknife on my keyring with them, and were frisking some people. Wasn't like that 6 months ago! Anyway, on with the p.m.s

Comment

Hope you had a successful day for yourself too, Jill!

Hope, also, you are now dry & comfy! .... glad YOU weren't frisked, you must look too kind & innocent ;) (as well as having damp trousers ... ;) )
                                  Bridget

Comment

I think they were surprised I carry a knife! Only small but its often useful. I found everything I was hoping for - and one for you Bridget - pm on its way in a mo.

Comment

Hi Jill - what an unpleasant start to your trip!

Thank you so much for the Pillinger information!

I hope you managed to find what you wanted for your own research.
                                      Gillian
                                      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

How could I miss this thread!

Glad you had a nice (if eventfull) day Jill :D

*remembers to keep eyes open in future*

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Working...
                                        X