no birth record!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no birth record!!

Hi, I am just getting living relatives births and marriages in my shoe box so I have everyone but cannot find my sister in laws birth. I obviously have exact date but when I put the info into Ancestry there is nothing for that year in the first quarter! What now, can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Tessie

send me her first name. maiden name and etc by PM, and i will have a look
    Jess

Comment

Right, have found it.

That qtr is missing on ancestry.

Put the year (1973) in the year box, and put another surname close to hers, ( I used Hatt)

When the page changes, click on 1st Qtr view the image icon and then go back one image by using the green arrow at the top of the page.

Shout if you still cant find it

( her second name was Suzanne!)
      Jess

Comment

sorry forgot about her middle name, will try finding it now!! Thanks

Comment

thank you!! I found it, maybe the lost sister of my father in law can be found this way? Thanks again

Comment

What Jess is saying (for the uninitiated, grannies stand back) is that Ancestry has scanned the page but has not indexed it. By going to a nearby name you hit a different page and can then step back or forward one page at a time. This doesn't work if Ancestry has not scanned the page in the first place.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

This also gets around the problem of the page being indexed by the last name on the page, when that last name is a hand-written addendum, and not the last name alphabetically. (This is the norm for any page with a correction, sadly!)

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X