No Birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Birth

Ok here is my first post on here asking for help.

Albert Edward Crutcher or Croucher his birth is as everyone says 9/8/1901. isle of wight or new forest but after 8 years still can i find anything, nope.

parents: Mark and Elizabeth Crutcher nee Ayres. m-1932, I.of.W
    children: Isaac b) 1895, Newport, i.of.w (have certificate)
    Mark b) 1896 ?
    Walter b) 1898, Cowes, i.of.w (have certificate)
    Albert b) 1901?
    James b) 1903, Newport, i.of.w ( have certificate)
    Annabella b) 1906, Newport,I.of.W (havnt bought yet)
    Henry b) 1908, Newport, I.of.W (havent bought yet)

I do have information on all there marriages childrens and deaths but i cant seem to find Mark and Alberts birth.

Someone did find for me a baptism King Albert Light 22/9/1901, Binstead. (not the binstead on the i.of.w) as Mark Crutcher the father was actually meant to be a Light. Also they were Gypsys so i have searched on the mainland and i have bought a birth certificates thinking they were Alberts and they were not. Any help would be greatful.

There is a record on Ancestry - RG13 Piece 1929 Folio 118 Page 1 which is interesting.

It gives a 'Mark Ayres' with an alternative surname of 'Crutcher', born in 1897 in Godshill, IOW. He is registered as a boarder with a 'Mark Croucher' who is the head of the family and a 'travelling hawker. They are resident in Newport.

Perhaps worth a consideration

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

When and who did Albert marry?

Comment

Hello Beanie and welcome

I am afraid I can't offer any help - wish I could - I have exactly the same problem with one of my parents - have been looking for about 5 years, so I now how frustrating it is.. if I have any brainwaves I'll let you know.

Hopefully someone on this site will be able to offer more help than I

Cheers
        Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Thankyou for the replies, i have had the 1901 census for quite some time now, that is the right family. Mark and Elizabeth (betsy) didnt marry untill later in - 1932, so the children went under Ayres on census but there birth certificates actually state Crutcher.

Albert married twice Nora Lyttleton - 1925
          Annie Wyatt - 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X