electorial registers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electorial registers

just browsing through various bits and pieces which I have gathered and I have an address for one of my lot from 1939 Dartford kent. Would there be an electorial register available for that area and date?

Not sure whether one was compiled before out break of war. Best thing is to e-mail relevant library and see if they can do a look up. It's easy if you have an exact address and year.

The British Library at St Pancras has a fairly full set for the whole country. Records offices and local history centres also have them. Sometimes they are on microfilm, sometimes in nice, bound volumes and sometimes in loose, tatty sheets wrapped up in manila folders.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Library

Comment

I have just found the relevant library and e-mailed them to see what the outcome will be.

Comment

How very helpful that library is. They e-mailed me today to say they only hold records from 1946 but she will have a look to see what family lived at the address I gave to see if its of any use.
          Nice to have somebody willing to help. Maybe its her hobby as well.

Comment

I've found libraries are generally more helpful like this. Records Offices usually want to charge more.

As an ex-librarian I can testify that we are willing and enthusiastic!

Comment

Looking things up for people is a bit more interesting than stamping books and putting them back on the shelves.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

just had a reply from the lady librarian. She apoligised for taking a while as it was her day off yesterday. Anyway the informatin she gave me was of a female with the same name so maybe a grand daughter of the person who died there in 1939.

Comment

Working...
                X