Missing pages on Ancestry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing pages on Ancestry.

Can anyone please tell me, if there is a jump in the small numbers on the pages of images, are these pages missing ... I mean missing for good ..... or might they have just been missed out for some reason?

I've been searching for years for a family in Crook & Billy Row, Co Durham 1871......and going through the pages I have noticed that 43-46 are missing. Does that mean there is no hope?

thanks
    Jean
    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Do you mean on the census?
    On the 1891 in Birmingham, rather than a page missing about 20 numbers are missing which include where my gt grandfather was staying.
    Very frustrating!!
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Yes Jeanie ... sorry.... I should have said the census..... and the same with me...the street where my gt. grandfather lived.

It's a shame because 20 years are missed out.
      I did try on other sites but still couldn't find them....so I think that's it.

Jean.... by the time I found him he was grown up and getting married !!
      Last edited by Jean and Tonic; 30-08-08, 22:23.

Comment

What I've done when I found a jump in pages is to log into the pages on either side and report a "missing image". I think we had a case some time ago when Ancestry only filmed alternate pages.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Unfortunately mine is not a missing page. The house numbers are missing mid page!!
          If it's to be, it's up to me.
          Searching for:
          English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

That's an idea Uncle John, I didn't know you could do that...... do you think they just might find the pages for me? ..lol

Jean

Comment

I think that if they are alerted to a misindexing problem they do try to correct it. But the report format was changed some time ago so you can't put in an explanation.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X