Look-up Gloucester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look-up Gloucester

Can anyone look at the Parish records for the above?

Looking for birth/baptism of Charlotte Seaborn/Seaborne/Seabourn abt: 1847 in Cam Glous.
    Also marriage of her parent's George Seaborn ect: b 1806/8 to Charlotte Smith? b: 1806. Both of Cam, around 1825. Geo. by 1841 was a Sawyer.
    Event's may have taken place in Parish church of St.George.
    Other children are:

Eliza b: 1828
    Charles b: 1832
    Mary Ann b: 1835
    Elizabeth b: 1838
    Emma b: 1841
    Harriet b: 1844

Any help appreciated.
    ShirleyMay

Could this be the marriage you're looking for?
    Surname (Groom) : SEABORNE
    Forename (Groom) : George
    Place of Marriage : CAM
    Surname (Bride) : GREENING
    Forename (Bride) : Charlotte

Date : 17-Mar 1828
    Banns

scuda
    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

It's possible as I'm not sure of Charlotte's last name.

Thanks scuda

Comment

I've checked again, no sign of a Charlotte Smith marrying anyone with a surname remotely like Seaborn, anywhere in Glos.

This marriage may be of interest, as well. I'm wondering if these are George's parents:
        Surname (Groom) SEABORNE
        Forename (Groom) Moses
        Place of Marriage CAM
        Surname (Bride) WEBB
        Forename (Bride) Rose
        Date 24-Jul 1806

Can't help with the baptisms, I'm afraid.

Scuda
        Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Morning Scuda,

I only went for Smith as someone on Ancestry found a Mary Ann Seaborn on 1851 census living with her grandmother Ealmor Smith. Having checked this, I found Mary Ann S, being called Ann on 1851 census with her father George & sibling's. A match.
          So your find look's favourite.

Thanks for the other entry, made a note of it.

Will have to come to Gloucester (live N.Wales ex. Brummie) & get copies of the original records. Is it County Records Office Alvin St? Or is there a Family History Centre?

Thanks again
          ShirleyMay

Comment

You will want Gloucester archives (used to be records office) and is down Alvin Street.

Gloucestershire County Council - Gloucestershire Archives

Note - they are changing opening times in September so check before you go.

Comment

Thanks Jewels. Will have to go when I visit Brum. Or find B&B & stay overnight.

Comment

Now you know the place and date of these 2 marriages you could e-mail glos archives and ask them to send you copies - not sure how much they would charge but certainly less than a B&B. Unless there are other things you want to check out too, that makes the visit more worth while.

Comment

Will give it a try, away's gone in person. I have some baptism's I'd like to check out. Do have family in-law in Droitwich, see if I can stay there.

Comment

Working...
                  X