Whats happened to my screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats happened to my screen

Im using Firefox and everything this morning is wrong. I have no google bar at the top and i have a block at the bottom of my screen blank which is about 3 inches it looks awful anyone know what has happened please?
    Jen

I have just looked and i dont have any bookmarks either they have all cleared again!!
    Jen

Comment

You should be able to get the google toolbar back by right clicking in the toolbar area and ticking google toolbar.

Can't help with the rest I'm afraid. Have you recently installed firefox 3?
      Gillian
      User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Hi Gillian that isn't working when i right click on it i get a tiny white box appear but that is all. I haven't updated it i don't think it was trying to close down on me last night though so could it of done it once i had turned it off as it has only happened since i turned it off.
        Jen

Comment

I've been getting a pop-up offering me firefox3 for the last few days, and just click "later". You'd have known if you were downloading it.

In your circumstances, I'd probably do a system restore now.

Have you looked to see if the problem is the same if you use Internet Explorer?
          Gillian

Comment

What happens when i do a system restore will i lose everything on my computer as i have a lot of important bits which i really should back up. Will go and have a look at IE.
            Jen

Comment

IE looks to be ok but i have no security on it hense why i only ever use firefox. Unless my AVG covers it.
              Jen

Comment

Your AVG would cover IE.
                Have you tried rebooting your machine?
                Elaine

Comment

Your AVG covers internet activity Jen - so IE will be safe.

If your PC was ok yesterday, then you could restore to yesterday. It doesn't affect saved documents etc.
                  Gillian

Comment

Right will go and reboot and if that doesn't work can someone explain to me how to restore it to yesterday please.
                    Jen

Comment

I'm back. Ok i have my google tool bar back, i have lost all my bookmarks so i dont think i will ever get them back until i find them and store them again. I just have the big block at the bottom of the page have tried to hover over it to see if i can drag it down but i can't.
                      Jen

Comment

You could use IE in case someone comes along who knows how to get your firefox bookmarks back.

You could write off the bookmarks and uninstall firefox and download and install a fresh one. It will import your IE bookmarks.

You could do a system restore - on XP that is: start/programmes/accessories/system tools/ system restore.
                        Click on that and follow the instructions. You can undo a restore.
                        Gillian

Comment

Thank you for your help. Will hold on a little longer and see if anyone else has any ideas as my screen is nearly back to normal apart from the block at the bottom. I don't mind about my book marks i know people who have the websites that i had bookmarked so i can get them back.
                          Jen

Comment

Do you still have your bookmarks on IE?

If so, export them from IE and import them into Firefox.

Comment

Your bookmarks are still there Jennie.

In Firefox3 go to Bookmarks menu, Organise Bookmarks.

Then click Import & Restore button at top and choose a date from the restore menu.
                              Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you Wendy that is where they are hiding. have got that sorted now just need to sort out the bottom part. Not sure what is happening with it as i can't even get it to open tonight. Might remove it and then restore it see if that helps.
                                Jen

Comment

Yes jen, its often down to a program not installing properly. Have another go at installing it.

Comment

Working...
                                  X