BVRI Records on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BVRI Records on Ancestry

29/8/2008 - records of English baptisms (1530 - 1906) and marriages (1538 - 1940) are now on Ancestry. They do not show up on the front page at the moment but I saw and used them from the update page.

Ancestry are not upfront about where they are from but the Source Information under the search box shows BVRI 2nd edition, so somewhat patchy in their coverage.

Can be accessed via these links

Search England & Wales Christening Records, 1530-1906 - Ancestry.co.uk

Search England & Wales Marriages, 1538-1940 - Ancestry.co.uk
    Elaine

Comment

Thankyou for that information, I've been on and found them and am sure I shall have good use out of them - Cheers Val

Comment

Thanks for this modem.
        Fingers crossed I can locate some of my missing baptisms and marriages.

Thanks for the links too Elaine.
        I don't know where I go wrong but I often cannot find the updates people mention when I look on the "all new content" section.
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Originally posted by Just Gillian View Post
          I don't know where I go wrong but I often cannot find the updates people mention when I look on the "all new content" section.
          Go to Ancestry home page
          At the end of the list of More Collections, click on see all databases
          On the next page, at the bottom of the right hand column entitled Browse Records, right at the bottom of the list you will see recent website additions
          Just click on that - on the next page there is a box at the top - Include databases originating outside the UK - just tick or untick as required.
          Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine!

I shall now copy your instructions for a future aide-memoire - and hope my memoire remembers where I have saved the aide!!:D
            Gillian

Comment

I have the "recent additions" page on Ancestry as a favourite so that it is easy to go straight there for a quick check now and then.

Recent Genealogy Databases - Ancestry.co.uk

Comment

Hi,
                Thanks for that tip I have now found the chirstening records for 4 of my 3x great aunts/uncles plus evidence of 2 more that I had previously not been aware of!
                Brilliant!
                Margaret

Comment

This appears to be one of the sets of information which Ancestry have taken away from me since the new pricing structure introduced earlier in August. Unless I upgrade, I cannot access this.

Renewed my membership in April 2008, so feel rather hardly done by, in having benefits reduced out of hand.:(

Carol

Comment

I renewed my membership in April 2008 and I have just been able to access this new info.

Not that I need it as I have the CDs.;
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Wendy

Thank you for coming back.

I've looked again at the email from Ancestry and I don't think they should have taken this away until my next renewal, so I shall contact them.

Regards,
                      Carol

Comment

Thank you, Modem I have just found an elusive 3xgrt grandfather being christened at the age of 9 and it gives his birth date, which was something I hadn't been able to find.

Comment

Ive got it and I renewed a few weeks ago on the basic one.

Comment

I renewed at the start of the month & can't access the new records.
                            Jay

Comment

This morning I could not access the new records...
                              this evening I can !!!
                              Bridget

Comment

I renewed at the discounted price of £66.72 on the morning of 13th August - that afternoon the new tiered pricing system showed up on their site. I can access all records.
                                Gillian

Comment

Im new to Family Tree Forum and excellent tips already. Thankyou.

Comment

Welcome to FTF, Beanie. Name your brickwall and you'll be bowled over in the rush.
                                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Beanie - hello and welcome to FTF!
                                      Gillian

Comment

Originally posted by Carol Bird View Post
                                        This appears to be one of the sets of information which Ancestry have taken away from me since the new pricing structure introduced earlier in August. Unless I upgrade, I cannot access this.
                                        Aagh, me too - I got the Australian version when I renewed, so I could get Aus. electoral rolls; the sub includes English censuses and BMDs, but they're not letting me access new English records.

Comment

Working...
                                        X