Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently died in an institution due to alcoholicism

Hello

My new contact has told me that my ggg aunt died at young age in an institution, and that she was an alcoholic. The way she spoke made it sound as though she was in there because she was an alcoholic.

Does anyone have any idea where I would look for any info on this?

I know she was born in 1864, and I know her last child was born in 1903. My contact says she died before her husband and he died in 1926.

I have searched the full death indexes for 1903 to 1926 but nothing even likely. I suppose it is possible that she died after 1926, but my contact has her husband's will and I would have thought it would have said something about her had she been alive.

Any ideas?

(the area was West Ham / Epping so not a small country village). Her name was Sarah Annie Florence Gotts (maiden name Davenport)

Thanks

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Tom

Do you think there is any chance they divorced and she reverted to her maiden name (long shot I know) because there is a Sarah A Davenport death Q/E June 1926 in West Ham aged 58.

Could also explain why she isn't in the will

Jackie
    Jackie

Comment

I would think it a very very long shot Jackie, although I suppose it is possible.

I think I will have to wait and see what this new contact sends me. We spoke on the phone and she was lovely, so hopefully will get some good stuff through :D

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Working...
      X