Who is Jane Booth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Jane Booth?

Sarah Ann Singleton was Sarah Ann Gilbert she married Joseph Blakeley in 1858. He died and she married William Singleton in 1879. Someone has corrected her name to Booth which is incorrect. The census gives Jane Booth as mother in law. I can't work it out.

RG11 4017 105 13
    PAT

There should be a link, when you click on the triangle advising alt. name, which takes you to the correction page, from here - you should be able to email the 'corrector' & enquire .....

Good luck!
    Bridget

Comment

I think because it says mother in law someone has presumed that Sarah was previousley Booth which is incorrect
      PAT

Comment

That 'someone' could well be Ancestry themselves,
        I am striving to get them to remove alt. names they added to a correction I raised.
        Gma remarried & had her grandaughter living with her. Because I corrected her & her husbands names they assumed the grandchild should have the same alt. name & also gave her name to Gpa! I wish I had not raised the error!
        Bridget

Comment

"in law" use to be used where we would say "Step" so perhaps Jane Booth was Step Mother to the head of the household
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I think I may have got the answer. On Lancs BMD there is a Jane Gilbert nee Jones marrying George Booth in 1868. In 1871 they are living in Ancoats Manchester
            PAT

Comment

so, how many marriages does she have?

Comment

Singleton is clearly not an apt surname then. Maybe Mrs Multimarriage would be better!
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

i agree nell!!

Comment

I am guessing Jane Booth nee Gilbert previously Jones was the mother of Sarah Ann Gilbert who married Joseph Blakeley and then William Singleton and then when William died she married a Thomas Jones
                    PAT

Comment

Can anyone see Sarah Ann Gilbert born Salford 1838 on the 1851 cenus with mother Jane born 1815 Wales?
                      PAT

Comment

Hi Pat
                        I can only find 2 Sarah Gilberts born Lancashire, one is in West Derby with parents William and Margaret and the other is Sarah A, a servant in Liverpool.
                        Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Thanks for looking Lynne. I will put her on one side until I go to the archives againand look at the parish records. Hopefully it will give her fathers name on the record for her first marriage
                          PAT

Comment

Working...
                          X