Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has ONS changed its name?

Hi

I ordered a cert a few days ago which is the first one from the GRO in a long while. on my bank statement it says Identity and Passport service, and im sure i havent bought anything else for £7. Is this what its called now?

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

That's right, it changed recently.

Comment

excellent, thought i was going mad and bought something else!
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Yes, its a bit concerning for me, as I feel emphasis now will be on identity fraud and genealogical interests won't be taken into consideration.

If they were bothered about this, they would have still allowed access to the original index ledgers since the digitisation project has ground to a halt.
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Yes, the change of name reflects this government's paranoia about identity fraud, for which read "illegal immigrant".

My daughter is doing casual work, while she waits for a "proper job" to turn up. She cleans caravans three days a week.

She has to provide a copy of her full birth certificate for this little endeavour, despite the fact that she and the site owner went to school and college together, pmsl.

Still, at least you can all rest easy in your beds that the woman who cleaned your caravan is not a drug pushing money laundering illegal immigrant bent on carving out a lucrative career in caravan cleaning on the sly.

OC

Comment

No, but she might be an evil terrorist who has got hold of your daughter's birth certificate! How can you be sure its your daughter?

Blowing up a caravan site is just the kind of crazy publicity stunt some people would plan!
            ~ with love from Little Nell~
            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Nell

I will examine her closely when she gets home and ask her to prove her identity before she enters these hallowed portals. She might be planning to blow up Crone Towers in order to bring our government to its knees.

OC

Comment

Working...
              X