Ancestry check please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry check please.

In spite of the fact that I have chosen to have my tree on ancestry in the private section it shows in the public. (at least for me)
    Could someone please put in Daniel Brewerton 1840 in both private and public and let me know what you find.
    The tree is called The Brewertons of Hawarden.
    I have contacted ancestry and they seem to be missing the point.
    Many thanks
    Jeanie
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Will have a look for you

ok, i get this

2 Public Member Trees
    1 Private Member Trees
    3 Ancestry World Tree entries for Daniel Brewerton

will click on each an see what happens

it looks like your Harwarden tree is in twice - in the first category, although when i click on either Daniel I get

Contact this member for more information
    The owner of this member tree has chosen to not make this tree publicly viewable. Click the "make connection" button below to contact the tree owner using Ancestry's anonymous Connection Service.
    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 28-08-08, 14:02.
    Jess

Comment

Many thanks Jess.
      Does this mean that the tree is listed on the public side but not letting people look at it?
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Just had another reply from ancestry explaining that even though it is listed as public, it is private.
        They say it takes 2 or 3 weeks to change lists.
        I changed many months ago!!
        Anyway, it's sorted.
        Thanks Jess.
        Searching for:

Comment

Hello, that is my (I think) great great grandfather. I have compiled a large family tree on my section of the Brewerton family. Let me know if I can help you out in any way. I can send you my complete gedcom file if it helps you.

Comment

Hi,
            Have sent you a private message.
            If you search this forum using the word Brewerton you will find that I am a hunter/gatherer of Brewertons.
            Looking forward to hearing from you and sharing my info with you.
            Jeanie
            Searching for:

Comment

Looking forward to receiving your gedcom.
              Searching for:

Comment

Working...
              X