The trials of splitting your PAF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trials of splitting your PAF.

I have the main family tree on tribal pages. Sometime ago I put this on to PAF and split off my husbands tree since he was getting loads of contacts which had nothing to do with my tree.
    I decided I would do the same with mine. Having split it I found that I have about 400 stray names on main tree.
    Spent hours last night between laptop and main comp. to work out the differences.
    Some are obvious, as in relatives of those married to my family members, which I put on in the early enthusiastic days. (I have removed most of those).

But have also discovered that PAF has decided to only transfer up to certain generations even though there is a genetic connection.
    Am now down to 183 stray names.:(
    Oh how I wish I had the knowledge that I have now when I first started this maddening hobby.
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Working...
X