Frustrated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated!

My delight in finding my blood line on Free Reg has resulted in my frustration because it lead me to discovering a Will ..... however, having downloaded the Will I am having great difficulty in deciphering it.

The Wiki has a link to wills4all but sadly my email to them bounced back.

I know the name Rottengoose is detailed & am eager to learn more - such an intriging name!

Does anyone know of a transcriber, who will not break my bank ;) ?
    Bridget

What year is it Bridget?

Comment

1648/1657 (I think)

The 1st & main bit 1648 & another small section 1657 ...
      Bridget

Comment

OK...haven't done one that early....I've done a couple of early 1700s and found them easier than the TNA ones.

Can you scan a little bit and put it here.....maybe together we can work through it.

Having said that, I'm off to my bed, but I'll look back in the morning.

Comment

Trying ....

I know the names Jane Verdegrans alias Rottengoose, Peter Woolfall, Susan Woolfall are there!
          It was proved in Norwich
          Last edited by BridgetM; 27-08-08, 12:19.
          Bridget

Comment

The seaventh day of October in the year of our Lord God One thousand six hundred fiftye seaven letters of administration were graunted to Peeter Woolfall and Isaack Woolfall the naturall and lawfull sonnes and executors of the will of Judith Woolfall deceased whilst she lived executrix and residuary legatorie named in the will of Jane vertegans als Rottengoose late of the citie of Norwich deceased To administer the goods chattels and debts of the said deceased accordinge to the tenor and effect of the will That said Judith Woolfall dyinge before shee tooke upon her the execution of the said will. They being by virtue of a Commission first sworne well and truly to administer
            Phoenix - with charred feathers
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Oh Phoenix!!!!!

You are wonderful!
              Bridget

Comment

I just wish I could read my own handwriting, lol!

NB for the purists, I've expanded some of the abbreviations so they make sense and shown a few of the "es"s as "s".
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Working...
                X