Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Private Messages

not sure if this is the right board.

is there someway for you to tell how many characters you're using as you type message instead of typing it all out and then being told you've used to many characters.

thanks
    jean

The only thing I could suggest, if you are doing a very long message, is to do it initially in something like Word, and then do a word count before you post it here.

When I have done something on here that is too long to send, I just cut half of it and paste it into Word or Notepad, just to save it, and then copy and paste into a second pm.
    Elaine

Comment

thanks for that elaine, I will give that a go next time.

maybe the mods can come up with something for the future regarding character count, like they do on genes.

jean
      x

Comment

Originally posted by jean banaszak View Post
        thanks for that elaine, I will give that a go next time.

maybe the mods can come up with something for the future regarding character count, like they do on genes.

jean
        x
        It is a technical issue Jean. I will ask Tim to see if there is anything available with the software that we use.
        Elaine

Comment

thanks elaine.

jean
          x

Comment

Hi Jean,

Unfortunately we don't have the ability to display the number of characters used in a PM..

The best solution I can see to this would be to write your pm's in a wordprocessor which can report on the number of characters used, then copy the text across. This would also have the bonus that if your pm isn't sent for some reason you still have your original copy

Hope this helps
            https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

hi grimsqueaker, thanks for the reply. I will give that a go.

thanks for the help.

jean

Comment

Working...
              X