Photoshop 7 stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop 7 stopped working

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me please.

We've just got back from holiday and caught up with the usual Microsoft updates.

However, when I try to start up my Photoshop 7 program it gets so far then says that it's stopped working. I'm wondering if the problem is to do with an incompatible Vista update...

Has anyone else had this problem?

I havent used Photoshop 7 in a while as I mostly use Elements, but I just tried it and it's working fine. I'm running Vista and all the usual Microsoft updates are installed automatically.

You could try searching the Photoshop Support Knowledge Base: Adobe : Photoshop Support Center - Help and Support for Photoshop

I also found this question which seems to refer to the same problem: Adobe photoshop 7 Not Responding? - Yahoo! Answers
    Sarah

Comment

That's great, thanks for that Sarah

It's my husband's 'baby', so I'll leave him to dabble with this later and will let you know if he's managed to get it working again

Comment

We've finally got it to work...

With Vista you have the option to open programs in different versions of Microsoft operating systems. It wouldn't run on XP, but does under Windows 98.

Strange all the same

Comment

That is strange! I hadn't thought of trying compatibility mode as you'd had it running on Vista previously. Very bizarre that it won't work in XP mode either!
          But glad you got it running!
          Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X