British History Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British History Online

I've found some info on this site out of a book "A History of the County of Lancaster..Vol 8"

I tried googling and it only brings me back to that site. Anyone know if I can buy it anywhere?

I've tried all the usual book places.

Libby

I think it would be classed as an antique book now, so you will only get it secondhand. (And very very expensive)

Pity you're in OZ - over here we have inter-library lending and you can borrow any book from anywhere through the local library.

Anything similar in OZ?

OC

Comment

Yes, OC.....but usually not that sort of book. I MIGHT be able to read it at the State Library, but I can read it online.

I'll just buy more ink...lol...and keep printing.

Comment

I lent one from British lending library about docking and was told if I didnt take it back would cost me £100
        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Probably cheaper than the ink I'm using Babs. lol.

I'm quickly going through a ream of paper.

Comment

A contact had a book photocopied by the British Library...cost her £168 plus vat but she said it was worth every penny.

OC

Comment

I had a look here AbeBooks: New Books, Secondhand Books, Rare Books, Out-of-Print Books and can't see it - but in the rare books section of the site, you can "ask an expert".
              Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

Amazon.co.uk: The Victoria History of the Counties of England lancashire

Amazon (UK) have some of the volumes today .. not Vol. 8 though. It is worth looking regularly in case one of their marketplace sellers have it.
                Caroline
                Caroline's Family History Pages
                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Joan and Caroline.

I'll check back with Amazon.

Comment

Hi Libby, have you tried Gould Books in Gumeracha - South Australia?

They supply genealogy books from all over the world, and if they don't have it they can generally find it for you.
                    I don't have their website, but you can google them.

We never did get that thunderstorm - did you? - Val

Comment

Not even a drop of rain here.........

Didn't think of Goulds....thanks....I have their site.

Comment

Slightly off topic but my daughter has just remarked that it is often cheaper to print off using a library computer rather than your own paper and ink!

You also get a sheet of paper which lists your charges, for every sheet you print off, haha...lots of lovely high quality scrap paper to scribble on!

OC

Comment

Working...
                        X