Firefox upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox upgrade

Just had a message asking if I want to upgrade to Firefox version 3.

Is anyone using it - if so any problems or real difference?
    Elaine

oooh - I had the same but asked them to call back later
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

I have been using Firefox 3 now for a few weeks and no problems. Can't see any difference either.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy. Will do the upgrade tomorrow.
        Elaine

Comment

I opted for later too! But I thought I'd already had 3 - maybe I did a system restore or something
          Gillian
          User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

I upgraded and then had problems accessing Ancestry. I reinstaleed the old version and still had problems

I think, by coincidence, I was getting a very slow connection that day.
            I keep Firefox just for Ancestry as I had awful problems with viewing pages on IE unless I kept clearing all cookies etc, then, of course, lost log in details etc.

I feel if it aint broke don't fix it.
            Jennie
            Research: A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots .

Comment

Well I upgraded this morning.
              No real difference that I can see apart from one very useful thing - a BACKUP option for your bookmarks.
              Although it was possible to do this before, by locating the profile folder in Windows Explorer, it can now be done easily at the click of a button (or mouse!)
              Elaine

Comment

I did the upgrade yesterday, and it's probably just me being a bit thick as usual, but I seem to have lost the ability to open new windows along the top bar.
                Now I have to minimise each page to put it at the bottom before opening something else
                Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

Ive had it for a few weeks too and I think there were a few better things, like the often used addresses in the drop down look better. Cant say Ive noticed anything else.

Comment

Yes, some things are better Heather. But how do I open new windows?? There doesn't seem to be an option to do this anymore.
                    Aha.... just found it. You right click on the bar and it gives you the choice. goody........sorted
                    Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

Firefox web browser | Features: Faster, more secure, & customizable | Mozilla Europe

Oh to open a new tab (window) I double click on the bar.

Comment

I upgraded on Thursday, and by Saturday there was a 'major crash on Mozilla, their words not mine, it has never been restored. I even tried going back to a checkpoint of the 19th August, but my original Mozilla still wasn't there. I downloaded firefox once again this morning but of course I have lost all my bookmarks.
                        Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

For those who have problems with Firefox try this help page.

Firefox Support Home Page
                          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I did the upgrade to Firefox 3 the other day and it immediately disabled 2 of my toolbars for not having "secure updates".
                            I can't even reinstall them. Not happy about that, but I do like the new look Firefox browser.
                            Tracy

Comment

Working...
                            X