X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no death record

hello all

sorry but i need some suggestion

i have been searching for the death record for my great great grdad but i cant
    find him in the records, his name is john barnet and his wife name is sarah, they lived in the parish of keysoe in bedfordshire, he is mentioned in the 1871
    census aged 74 and in the 1881 census his wife is a widower so i know its between 1871 & 1881 i have searched with different name variations like ( barnet, barnett , barnit etc but nothing has enyone got any suggestions where i can go now please.

timbo

Tim, have you asked the local register office for that area to search for it? It could be one of those registrations that got lost somewhere between the local register office and the GRO?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Oh, and another idea would be to go to Bedfordshire Record Office or Archives and look at the burial register for that parish to see if his burial is listed.
      KiteRunner

Comment

Just checked, and the registration district for Keysoe would have been Bedford in those days.
        KiteRunner

Comment

Oh, how about John BARNARD age 77 Sep 1874 Bedford, vol 3b p 171?
          KiteRunner

Comment

nothing on NBI
            Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
              Oh, and another idea would be to go to Bedfordshire Record Office or Archives and look at the burial register for that parish to see if his burial is listed.
              Quite a lot of records are duplicated at Bedford central library, though the records office is also (just) within walking distance of the town centre.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X