X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I send for this death cert, advice please

I am sifting and sorting and just found a BMD death ref for
    Frances Ellen Hickman b1868 Year of Reg: 1868 Jan Q Age at Death: 0

She is not in Birth Index just from general search.

My ancestor is Frances Eleanor Hickman:

IGI: FRANCES ELEANOR HICKMAN Birth: 13/12/1867
    Chr: 1/1/1868 Old Church, St Pancras
    Fa: William Hickman Mo: Elizabeth Sarah

BMD Birth: Frances Eleanor Hickman 1867 Oct q Pancras London, Middx Vol 1b p130

She is not with her sibs in 1871 who are staying with their g.mother. Difficult to trace parents accurately as never on census with the children.

I have Frances's sister's birth cert in Dec 1865 (my grandmother).

I think it is probably safe to assume Frances is the Frances Ellen referred to in death index above??

Does age 0 mean up to 1 year of age. If my Frances, she would have been 2-3 months old. Assuming death registered straight after the death.

Thought I'd order through online GRO with a check put on with the names of her parents.

Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 26-08-08, 14:45.
    Liz

dont think parents names are mentioned on English death certs - (unless its a parent that registered it, and their relationship is note as father of the deceased)

My only thought on the name would be, that registered so soon after her birth, you'd think they'd remember her name accurately.
    Jess

Comment

Hi Jess - I thought one of the parents might have reg the death and the check could be made that way. This family interchanged their first and second names a bit over the years - but I just thought maybe she was known as Ellen for Eleanor...

Not sure what to do...

Also her birth year was end of 1867 although chr in 1868.
      Last edited by Liz from Lancs; 26-08-08, 14:46.
      Liz

Comment

A birth in the Dec quarter and a death in the following March quarter, aged 0 would fit the facts, if you can't find any subsequent mention of her. I would have no problem with slight variations in name between birth and death.
        Phoenix - with charred feathers
        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Children are usually shown as daughter of William etc, but I would not put that as a check, just in case that form wasn't followed, but the informant's name was significant.
          Phoenix - with charred feathers
          Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Thanks Phoenix. I'm going to do it and order it mentioning the parents' names.
            Liz

Comment

Re names.I searched for a long time for the death of a child named Matilda(registered by the father).I eventually took a chance and sent for the certificate of a three month old called Maud.It was the right one and was registered by the father.
              Fran

Comment

Thanks Fran...this one has been eluding me for ages and suddenly there she was on BMD.
                Liz

Comment

Working...
                X