X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If somebody lived in Whitechapel ??

where would they more likely marry in City of London or Stepney ??? thanks

I'm talking about the 1840s and 50s

Shoreditch, Bethnal Green, Hackney, City. My cousin's lot are all over the shop. And I've seen a Lambeth based couple marry in Bethnal Green, so the Thames is no barrier.

Can you find no children's births to establish mmn?
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Not yet hadnt got that far Phoenix thanks shall nosey for a child then

Comment

Could have been anywhere but I do have a few from Whitechapel marrying in Stepney
        Vikki -
        Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Whitechapel was actually a registration district of its own in those days, Val, so if they both lived in Whitechapel then they should have married in Whitechapel. But if one of them lived in a different district then of course they could have married in that district.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

This page may be useful. Hopefully not all the churches listed were in existence in the period you want:

Anglican Churches in Stepney, Middlesex in 1890
            Phoenix - with charred feathers
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

thanks for all your replies I may send for both the marriages I found .

Comment

Working...
              X